Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Struggles & Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Possible Miscariage, need support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1466234)

amyltc 11-24-2012 10:33 AM

Possible Miscariage, need support

I feel like I was taking over the other thread so I thought I'd move my discussion here.

Got my positive hpt on 11/13, at approx. 12 dpo, then on the next tuesday I had some pain in my side and went in to my obgyn to rule out an ectopic, the did an ultrasound but said the urine test was very light and ordered a blood test the result was 47, a very low number for 19dpo, I got a retest friday at 22 dpo and it only went up to 53, I am supposed to retest tomorow and I'm assuming if it doesn't at least double there is just no way this pregnancy will be viable. I think what is killing me is that it is just dragging out. I feel ok, I feel pregnant even, I'm not bleeding, I have some mild cramping, being in limbo is giving me major anxiety. I have not slept a whole night in a week now. I just want an answer of what is going to happen. We tried for 3.5 years for this little one and I'm so afraid that we will never get pg again. Or that it will take anoter 3.5 years. I could really use prayers that we will get answers tomorrow.

cdeweese 11-24-2012 10:40 AM

Re: Possible Miscariage, need support

I took us 4 years and 2 miscarriages to have our first child. And we've been pregnant 3 times since w/o trying :) Don't let this frighten you about anything in the future. Today is today, not tomorrow. For now, just worry about taking care of yourself. Maybe ask for a weeks worth of a sleep and take your girls out for some fun. Go see a Christmas display, let them go holiday shopping and take advantage of the weekend! I remember keeping myself busy doing things I loved and doing things for others helped me immensely. There is nothing you can do to prevent what may/may not happen. Don't worry about future pregnancies right now. It will only cause stress and anxiety. Remember that you got pregnant! That's something to celebrate!

amyltc 11-24-2012 10:44 AM

Thank you, I do ok during the day, I focus on my girls and stay busy, its the nights that are the worst, and I can't eat either, I've lost 5 lbs in the last 2 weeks. Its good to hear that you got pregnant again so many times. I keep thinking that at least we know we can still get pregnant, its just hard to have wanted this for so long. And dh is really struggling, yet I feel like I have no emotional support to give him, I don't even have enough for myself.

cdeweese 11-24-2012 10:48 AM

My husband had it worse than me I think. He was worried about me, worried about the baby and I don't think anything I said actually helped. He just needed to see that we were going to get through it and be ok. I can tell you when I was able to rest, the world looked totally different. I don't know if you've reached out to your family (we never wait to share the news, it's always so uncertain), but it helped to have people I loved know and be able to talk with them.

Kotzurk 11-24-2012 11:35 AM

I'm praying that you get a wonderful beta tomorrow. Sometimes, it's just a slow riser. I've had m/c's where my beta has been through the roof, and some where it seemed normal. With my DS (and his twin) my beta was low and slow for the longest time. Keeping everything crossed for you and praying for a sticky bean!

amyltc 11-24-2012 11:58 AM

Thank you Kelsie and Cindy, I think its the not knowing that is getting to me more than anything, I know if I just knew I could deal with it, its just not knowing what to think or feel or what to plan on that is hard. I want to either know this baby will be ok, enjoy being pregnant and plan for this baby, or know that we are losing it, enjoy my last few days, and make a plan to try again. I just need to focus on one day at a time though, and enjoy having my bean with me today.

KatieB621 11-24-2012 01:35 PM

Praying for you Amy!!!! I mcd twice before DD and got pg with DS w/o even trying. In fact, we were tta! You need to rest....and eat. Doing those two things will help you so much. You can't change the outcome either way, so take care of yourself until you get your beta.

lalakiwi7 11-24-2012 04:00 PM

So sorry your feeling so anxious and overwhelmed. Every woman and pregnancy is so very different so don't lose heart!! My last three pregnancies all ended in a loss and while I don't know exactly what your going through I do know how hard it is to stay calm and to be at peace in the un-knowing. Saying a prayer for you and your heart. I hope your beta tomorrow is reassuring and can help put your mind at ease.

amyltc 11-25-2012 12:44 PM

My numbers went up! Almost doubled, 98.2!! Yay! So I go in for a recheck again on Wednesday, wish me luck again for at least 200.

Kotzurk 11-25-2012 12:47 PM

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!