Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Healthy Living and Weightloss (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Clean eating support? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1466353)

corinne76 11-24-2012 05:07 PM

Clean eating support?

I know there's a bunch of mamas who eat clean. I'm hoping for meal ideas and hopefully support.

I have done no carb and it just not a long term diet for me. I need some sort of carbs.
I can't eat sugar because it makes my skin go nutso. Wheat (especially on an empty stomach) makes me tired and does a number on my tummy.
So i am hoping eating clean will be the answer.

jbug_4 11-25-2012 06:09 AM

Re: Clean eating support?

We've been working on this. We actually did a 10 day juice cleanse- well kind of. It was modified so it was some juice with a lot of mostly raw fruits and veggies- no meat, grain carbs, eggs or dairy. It got us off sugar and significantly decreased the amount of eggs, cheese and meat we now eat. And decreased the amount of grain carbs- we love homemade bread in this house so that is saying a lot. I feel like I spend over half the day in the kitchen- in addition to regular kitchen time. But that has more to do with cutting the meat and carbs way back then the clean eating. I do a lot of chopping these days. We're are cautious to much back in and end up spiraling down again.

corinne76 11-25-2012 09:36 AM

I have a hard time with carbs. I eat some and i just keep eating them all day

Numommy 11-25-2012 07:09 PM

Check out paleomom.com. Wub her

MomMe3 12-06-2012 03:01 PM

I eat clean and would be happy to help with meal suggestions or ideas. When I plan my meals I usually just think protein + veggie + starch.

For example, a dinner might be baked chicken breast, sweet potato and roasted brussel sprouts. Or I might make a turkey or vegetarian chili and throw in lots of veggies and serve it over quinoa.

If wheat makes you sleepy but you like pasta, explore non-wheat options like quinoa, corn or brown rice noodles, or use half spaghetti squash + have pasta. If you want to invest in a spiraler, you can even make "pasta" from zucchini!

BNC 12-06-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MomMe3 (Post 16013765)
I eat clean and would be happy to help with meal suggestions or ideas. When I plan my meals I usually just think protein + veggie + starch.

For example, a dinner might be baked chicken breast, sweet potato and roasted brussel sprouts. Or I might make a turkey or vegetarian chili and throw in lots of veggies and serve it over quinoa.

If wheat makes you sleepy but you like pasta, explore non-wheat options like quinoa, corn or brown rice noodles, or use half spaghetti squash + have pasta. If you want to invest in a spiraler, you can even make "pasta" from zucchini!

I just use my veggie peeler to make long strips of zucchini for pasta - works great and I dont need another thing cluttering my kitchen!

MomMe3 12-07-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BNC (Post 16014384)
I just use my veggie peeler to make long strips of zucchini for pasta - works great and I dont need another thing cluttering my kitchen!

I used a mandolin at one point to make veggie noodles. That's another great way to do it!

cody82414 01-22-2013 07:43 PM

Bump