Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Another relactating question (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1466361)

jacandy 11-24-2012 05:36 PM

Another relactating question

Hello!

I bf and supplemented until baby was around 3mos then switched to alimentum. Baby is 7 mos now. Would it be worth trying to re establish a supply or even partial supply?

DalesWidda 11-24-2012 06:51 PM

Absolutely it would. I would use a supplemental nursing system (sns) at every feeding so that baby is getting formula while nursing which will help you reestablish you're supply. Also pumping inbetween nursing sessions will help. Stay well hydrated, take supplements like fenugreek, mothers milk tea, etc

jacandy 11-25-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DalesWidda
Absolutely it would. I would use a supplemental nursing system (sns) at every feeding so that baby is getting formula while nursing which will help you reestablish you're supply. Also pumping inbetween nursing sessions will help. Stay well hydrated, take supplements like fenugreek, mothers milk tea, etc

Where could I find a sns? Do they sell them in stores?

crunchymom2b 11-25-2012 02:37 PM

Re: Another relactating question

I have one we no longer need. $30ppd. I've only been able to get them online. PM me ifyou'd like it.

Idef. think its worth it to try to nurse again. Another pricier route is domperidone, that's helped tons of mamas up their supply and relactate. You have toorder it from an online pharmacy though and it takes a couple weeks to get to you. Just keepoffering the breast and pump pump pump!!!

jacandy 11-25-2012 04:39 PM

Thanks! Just ordered one before I saw your post:/
Where is a good place to order domperidone?

Also another question...dh and I are ntnp but people can bf while pregnant?

crunchymom2b 11-25-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacandy (Post 15969387)

I've heard many mamas like inhouse pharmacy.

You can BF while pregnant but some moms report a loss of supply while pregnant. I still think you should give it a shot!

jacandy 11-26-2012 11:16 AM

Thanks for the support! I took 8 fenugreek yesterday andy boobs hurt today!

Mom2jandb 11-26-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacandy

You can definitely breastfeed while pregnant (and then tandem feed). But for some mamas it hurts and supply can go way down. That is why my DD1 weaned before either of us was ready :(

Mom2jandb 11-26-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacandy
Thanks for the support! I took 8 fenugreek yesterday andy boobs hurt today!

Yay!

crunchymom2b 11-26-2012 10:10 PM

Awesome! Having already BF you have a much higher chance of successfully relactating. Keep it up!