Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Homeschooling (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   HSing Check-In Nov. 25--Dec. 7 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1466397)

Jen's_4 11-24-2012 07:12 PM

HSing Check-In Nov. 25--Dec. 7

The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who canít read them. ~Mark Twain

missydawn 11-26-2012 08:54 AM

This is going to be our first week of homeschooling, YAY. We are currently waiting for ups to get here with our books. We worked all yesterday on setting up our classroom and getting things organized. I think we are ready for this first week.

tallanvor 11-26-2012 12:35 PM

Re: HSing Check-In Nov. 25--Dec. 7

As we were at the in-laws' house this last week and got home at 11 last night after spending 17 hours in the car, we are taking it easy today. Tomorriw we will get actual schooling back underway. Aiden and I played The Farming Game for awhile.

cedavid2011 11-26-2012 01:55 PM

We managed to get the three R's covered this morning before it was time to go to the eye doctor with the boys. We are going to try to get 3 or 4 full weeks in between now and Christmas. We seem to have lots of appointments coming up though so we'll see how it goes. I hope everyone else had a great Thanksgiving.

2queens&1princenmyhouse 11-26-2012 02:13 PM

Hello everyone! We are officially (but not officially) on summer break! I promised the girls that if they started school in June and gave up their summer break, that they could be off between Thanksgiving and New Years. I've backed off on that a little and they do have to work on math 2 days/week and we'll be doing quite a few Advent things in prep for Christmas. We are also working on instituting a new chore chart and allowance system (we've never done allowances before). We'll be using the allowance money to work out a budget and envelope system for the kids as practice when they get older and have a "real" job with "real" money.

iris0110 11-26-2012 11:34 PM

I completely missed the last check in thread. It seems like we have been off more lately than on between holidays and doctors appts. Last week I actually did make the boys do school work for several days but we went easy. Kearnan just did math and Tharen just did math or phonics/reading. Things have actually been going more smoothly, we made it through an entire week getting everything covered, math, reading, writing (for Kearnan anyway) history and science. It was all done by lunch even. I was shocked. This week we are off again because we have several doctor appts and cleaning to do trying to get the house back in order after Thanksgiving. Next week I hope to have everything back in order.

AbbieJack 11-26-2012 11:49 PM

Today was a total bust as far as school anyway. We were busy between Mops , Home-school Christmas party planning and grocery shopping that we only got reading and math done today. Hopefully tomorrow works out better.

thirdtimemomma 11-27-2012 10:38 AM

Can I join this chat? I'm Vicki schooling 4 of my 7 kiddos. We use a mixture of My fathers world, math u see, switched on schoolhouse and a few others. My kids are 6th, 4th, 2nd, and k.

Psychomom 11-27-2012 12:07 PM

I am ready to throw the homeschooling towel in. :(

foggierbard9 11-27-2012 12:21 PM

We got nothing done yesterday, so we did 2 days of stuff today. DS was all about doing school though and actually focused on it after having a week of nothing but me reading to him. My hope is to get 2 weeks worth done and then let him relax and we will do fun Christmas stuff through the 26th, we shall see if that happens or not.