Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Extra Fluffy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   How many woolies for full time use? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1466418)

KLadyBugMama 11-24-2012 09:27 PM

How many woolies for full time use?

Hi, I'm actively TTCing right now and praying for a Christmas BFP! I was just wondering, after doing a lot of research, I would love to do wool full time and EC (was planning to do it) and how many woolies would I need??

Thanks!

KLadyBugMama 11-25-2012 12:39 PM

Bumpity Bump

Junipervt 11-25-2012 12:52 PM

Re: How many woolies for full time use?

are you planning on also using wool as clothing? or will you be doing covers & pants/sleepers? that makes a big difference as to how many you'll need.

if you're doing the just as covers then you could probably get away w/ 3-4 day weight & 2 night weight covers.

if you're doing wool as clothing too (longies/shorties/overalls/rompers/skirties) then you'll want more, so you can have more outfit choices.

if you're doing wool as clothing too then the minimum I'd want is 2 day covers (for times when they wear regular pants/sleepers), 2 night covers & 6 longies.

my DS is in wool ft b/c of allergies & has been since he was 6m old (he just turned 2). I most of the time go the woolies as clothing route (less to do at diaper changing time). I also like to have lots of choices. Here is his stash (minus the soakers which seemed too boring to photograph) http://s421.photobucket.com/albums/p...202012%202013/

KLadyBugMama 11-25-2012 01:03 PM

I was wanting to do full time as clothing.Plus I was planning to do EC as well if it's successful. But definitely full time

qsefthuko 11-25-2012 01:12 PM

Like pp mentioned how you plan on using your woolies affect how many you will need. We did wool as covers full time with only 3 covers with ds1. With ds2 we are using them as his clothing so since I like 10 outfits for the toddler stage I am trying for 10 longies for winter and 10 shorties for summer. Currently we have 11 shorties and 6 longies plus soakers for overnight and one trimmer Lanacare cover we use on the rare occasion we use regular clothes. . I have yarn to finnish what I want to have.

Junipervt 11-25-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faithfulorangekids (Post 15968544)
I was wanting to do full time as clothing.Plus I was planning to do EC as well if it's successful. But definitely full time

then I'd go w/ 2 day weight soakers (I like interlock b/c it's trim for under pants or can be used in the summer as shorts or can be used year round inside w/ baby legs), 2 night weight soakers (I like kissaluv wool), & 6 pairs of longies to start. then any more you add to that is just fun :goodvibes:

ajane 11-25-2012 02:10 PM

When we did wool full time as clothes, I had about 8-10 longies to rotate through. Well, maybe 12. : giggle:

KLadyBugMama 11-25-2012 02:11 PM

awesome!! I know how to crochet so I am good.. but i heard some conflicting responses about crochet vs knit?

any wahms that can knit, that anybody know, please send to my way!

Thanks!

lavender dragonfly 11-25-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajane (Post 15968718)
When we did wool full time as clothes, I had about 8-10 longies to rotate through. Well, maybe 12. : giggle:

This exactly! :)

Skybaby712 11-25-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junipervt

then I'd go w/ 2 day weight soakers (I like interlock b/c it's trim for under pants or can be used in the summer as shorts or can be used year round inside w/ baby legs), 2 night weight soakers (I like kissaluv wool), & 6 pairs of longies to start. then any more you add to that is just fun :goodvibes:

I always drool over your wool. I'm doing wool full time and have 7 longies and a bunch of soakers. I use soakers under dresses, footed pfs, and sometimes under clothing. I think having 7 pairs of longies would be enough for winter if using it full time, more is nice, but you don't really need it. I think knits are more popular because it has a smoother look, but people do crochet longies too. I never owned any crochet longies, but it seems like it would be a little more bulletproof because of the thicker weave.