Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Extra Fluffy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   All I want for Xmas is.... Diapers!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1466419)

NaturallyCharming33 11-24-2012 08:39 PM

All I want for Xmas is.... Diapers!!

So you know you're a cloth addict when people ask YOU what you want for Christmas and you give them a list of diaper company names! My mom thinks I'm a little crazy when I told her that's what I wanted. "You mean for Tristan's presents?" Considering he's only 3 months old and won't quite enjoy it as much as I will, well maybe he does enjoy super soft bamboo and fleece against him rather than nasty plastic and toxic gel, but yeah I think I may enjoy it more right now. Like I mentioned, my little mister is only 3 months old, I have a 10 year old but had no clue about cloth back then so he's the only baby I have ever cloth diapered. But I love it! When I discovered cloth at around 5 months pregnant and did hundreds of hours of research and at 6 months pregnant started buying my stash. Then by 7 months pregnant had to already destash cause I bought so many. I know you cloth mama's know the addicting feeling, I why do you think we get so excited by fluff that our babies go #2 in?!? Anyone else asking for diapers for Christmas? :anyone:

Poodlemum 11-25-2012 02:41 AM

I ask for diapers and fabric to make them lol. I tried asking for other stuff, but ended up getting fluff with the money anyway! This year I want a sewing machine...

jennayoung99 11-25-2012 08:39 AM

Me and dh decided we're not getting presents for each other, I've already bought a ton of diapers and wool for the new baby, and we still have a crib, double stroller and dresser to buy. So really I did get diapers for Christmas lol.

mom24munchkins 11-25-2012 03:41 PM

All I ever ask for is yarn for woolies! Your normal! Lol

A.Fred 11-25-2012 05:29 PM

Re: All I want for Xmas is.... Diapers!!

I've totally done that before :)

Only 11-25-2012 06:48 PM

I love cloth diapers, but presents bought for me, are for ME.:blush: That being said, I buy A whatever I want cloth diaper related. I might ask for yarn though since I love knitting.

babyfever2012 11-25-2012 10:08 PM

I know what you mean! I had to refrain from putting any cloth diapers on my Christmas list. And on my son's list! I've actually been thinking alot about why cloth diapering is so addicting. I think it's because it makes dealing with poopy pants actually fun. It would be kind of boring and plain otherwise but cloth diapering actually kind of gives us something to look forward to. This week I'm expecting a variety of CD to try out and I'm super excited to see which ones are a hit and which ones are a wash! :D

NaturallyCharming33 11-26-2012 01:42 AM

Poodlemum - me too!!! I have an idea on what my perfect diapers are but they don't exist. Gonna have to make them myself! Except I don't know how to sew lol. But I placed an ad on Craigslist for someone to teach me, have a few responses. Can't wait! And Babyfever2012 I agree. I actually enjoy choosing a cute diaper and putting it on to see how cute he looks in it. With sposies you just want to get it on and go. What kind of diapers are you expecting? I did a newborn rental plus bought a ton so I had plenty to experiment with. It's funny cause you get an idea of what you want and what you know you will never use, but it always changes when you actually use them.

kateean2 11-26-2012 02:52 AM

Really good thread!

rachi882 11-26-2012 09:31 AM

Haha! I thought I was the only one. :)