Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Chat Thread ~ Nov 25th - Dec 1st (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1466467)

canadianbakers 11-25-2012 07:08 AM

Chat Thread ~ Nov 25th - Dec 1st

:thud: December?! Whoa!

We're in the city - got some shopping done yesterday (SO much easier without 4 kids to rangle in busy stores!), went out for a :drif: supper and sat in the hotel hot tub for a bit. :) More shopping today, then home again, home again!

KelseyH 11-25-2012 07:48 AM

Ahhh, WHAT?! April is coming up wayyyy too fast. I scheduled estimates on Friday for some little renovations - the contractors are coming out this week to look around. They weren't happy when I told them some of the work has to be done before the second week in January... What! I didn't realize it was so close! Haha :) oops.

Baby is starting to become more and more active outside of his "normal" times of early AM and late PM. It is so nice. Anytime he kicks or spins it just makes me smile :) :)

Has anyone had a baby and toddler share a room? I'm trying to figure out what to do with our house, and that's what I'm leaning towards... Really don't want to give up my "momma" space :giggle:

canadianbakers 11-25-2012 07:48 AM

Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 25th - Dec 1st

from last weeks' thread (on DH's tablet, so no quoting!)...

Kelsey - :giggle: Fringe is definitely creepy! But we love it!!

Cecili - :happybday: to Clara! Birthdays are always bittersweet :happycry:

Emily - Reading while leaning over the ball is a good way to pass the time. TV watching, I find, requires looking up too much, my neck got sore!
I don't know that I'd worry about starting this early - unless to just get in the habit of doing it - baby has TONS of room to move around in there, and really is unlikely to stay head down if he goes there, kwim?

I've known a few people that go by their middle names instead of their first, for whatever reasons. Never really been a problem, I don't think? It's only if someone saw your name first, that they'd call you by your first name, if you're just introducing yourself, you'd just use whatever name you use, kwim? For school, our kids' forms always have space for their full given names, but then a separate space for what name the child goes by - if you put their middle name (or whatever you wanted) in there, that's what they would call him.

AFM: tablet foruming BLOWS. :puke: Much easier on my laptop - plus, I keep trying to use the spot on the desk below the keyboard as a touch-pad! :giggle:

canadianbakers 11-25-2012 07:53 AM

Kelsey - Yup, and this month is going to FLY by, with the holidays! Yikes! Good luck with the renos!
Hiccup is super active at night, I'm realizing... mainly I realize this because I wake up 3 or 4 times through the night getting kicked - hard! :wub: He's got a few active times through the day, but seems to be quieter when I'm moving around or when the kids are all around - just like Levi - that's a good thing, for sleeping in the noise after birth!
We had DD and DS1 in a room together when they were 3yrs (DD) and 1yr (DS1), because we only had 2 bdrs and DS2 was coming. It worked absolutely fine at that age, no big deal at all. It wasn't so great for naptime cuz they would talk and giggle and keep each other awake - but I just started putting DS1 in his crib in their room, then having DD nap on the couch or our bed in our room. It worked out fine.

EmilytheStrange 11-25-2012 07:55 AM

April really is sneaking up on us!

The big 20 week ultrasound was a milestone and now I'm sorta out of them. Saying I was 20 weeks felt huge. Saying 21 weeks seems meh. Think the next 'big' one will be 28-30.

Good thing there's Christmas, then a January trip to Texas to keep me busy.

Not in a hurry for April. Just feels like it'll be tomorrow and yet really far at the same time.

canadianbakers 11-25-2012 08:07 AM

Emily - I kwym. 20 weeks is a big deal - half way! - but 21 is like "okay, another week". Although, I'll definitely take "another week" this time! Hey, 24 weeks is viability - that is definitely a BIG one!
I think April is gonna be here before we know it. I want to just enjoy every day of this pregnancy - knowing it's definitely the last time I'll feel a baby kicking inside me... I just have to soak up every moment!

AFM: Forgot to say it above, but 20 weeks today! Half way Baby! :)

MrsCrafty 11-25-2012 08:18 AM

Wow, cannot believe the time is flying by now! We were in the city yesterday, found out we are having a GIRL! Took the kids to see Santa and to a lite up holiday parade! By the time we got home I was feeling so lousy, I'm at the ED right now(no urgent care around here) because I'm positive I have strep :-( my throat hurts SO bad.
But hoping I can make it through the day, we wanted to go get our Christmas tree today, since DSD is with her mom next weekend and they're only open weekends.

SarahBk 11-25-2012 08:48 AM

Time is flyin'. Next thing we know, it'll be middle of February. I personally wish it would slow down a bit. So much to do!

KendallMarie 11-25-2012 08:50 AM

I'm just fine with time flying by... I'm now facing the very real possibility of being laid off. An industry slow down has hit... it's not very happy place around my office these days. So the longer time flys by with me still working the better. Surprisingly though I'm not all that worried over this... I'm exploring my options and took advantage of Black Friday sales to fill out the baby gear so I won't have to worry about big purchases later.

mibarra 11-25-2012 10:41 AM

It is going super fast! I go back again for my US Friday so everybody keep your fingers crossed they were guessing wrong and it's a boy!!

We only have 3 bedrooms, I think we'll put the 3 and 2 year old together. DD1 is basically deaf when we take her implants off at night so I don't worry about anyone waking her, and she almost never wakes crying. Plus that'll make it easier for DH to put them both to bed while I'm nursing the baby. And they won't wake the baby at night, and I won't wake them when I go nurse.

We also ordered DD1 a big girl bed. Actually a bunk bed you can also use as 2 twins. We'll only set up the bottom for now. I almost cried. I can't believe my baby's so big!!

And in case I wasn't stressed enough by the US and STILL waiting to hear when DH will be unemployed, we got a phone call from the neurologist Friday saying DD1s bloodwork came back normal. THEN while we were out got ANOTHER call saying call us back but they closed at noon on Friday!! I have no idea why they would need to call again! :(