Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   help me figure out these symptoms please (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1466499)

Scarlett's mommy 11-25-2012 09:58 AM

Ok so because I'm sure my due date group is sick of hearing me complain I'm going to post here. Ive been feeling pretty crappy since Thursday. That night after being out with the family we got home and I had a low fever body aches chills and woke up covered in sweat. Ive been feeling about the same since then a little better if I take Tylenol no fever since friday. This morning I woke up and have a painful swollen lymph node behind both of my ears and a few on the back of my neck up to the base of my head. No sore throat coughing anything like that. I go see my dr tuesday but anyone have any ideas what this could be or some way to safely treat it while I'm pregnant. I'm just really tired of feeling like crap.

Eta: I'm 36 weeks in case you can't see my siggy.

Hungry Caterpillar 11-25-2012 11:38 AM

Re: help me figure out these symptoms please

Flu? :(

If so, chicken soup, and gatorade. Sleep, lots of sleep.

vicky 11-25-2012 12:31 PM

I just got over a bout with staph. Mine sounded a lot like that. I felt like junk too, and had a swollen lymph node under my right arm, then under my chin, then I got like 8 in my groin area. It got EXTREMELY painful. I had to have 4 rocephin shots and have been on antibiotics for 3 weeks. Mine got pretty out of control though. Have you ever had staph before? If so, apparently you can just carry it.

Scarlett's mommy 11-25-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicky
I just got over a bout with staph. Mine sounded a lot like that. I felt like junk too, and had a swollen lymph node under my right arm, then under my chin, then I got like 8 in my groin area. It got EXTREMELY painful. I had to have 4 rocephin shots and have been on antibiotics for 3 weeks. Mine got pretty out of control though. Have you ever had staph before? If so, apparently you can just carry it.

Not that I know of. I know my dh is a carrier but ive never had it before.

Scarlett's mommy 11-25-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar
Flu? :(

If so, chicken soup, and gatorade. Sleep, lots of sleep.

That's what ive been trying to do just rest as much as possible and lots of fluids.

evasimone 11-25-2012 12:41 PM

I am not sure. It definitely sounds like your body is fighting something off. Maybe mono?

It kind of doesn't sound like the flu to me. I've had it one time and I thought I was dying, your whole body hurts in an indescribable way. I've heard other people describe having the flu as feeling like they were dying too so I don't think I am being melodramatic (much). Not to mention you usually have upper respiratory symptoms with the flu.

I hope you feel better soon!

Scarlett's mommy 11-25-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evasimone
I am not sure. It definitely sounds like your body is fighting something off. Maybe mono?

It kind of doesn't sound like the flu to me. I've had it one time and I thought I was dying, your whole body hurts in an indescribable way. I've heard other people describe having the flu as feeling like they were dying too so I don't think I am being melodramatic (much). Not to mention you usually have upper respiratory symptoms with the flu.

I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks I was reading and it seemed like it could be mono but I have no idea where I could have picked it up.

Scarlett's mommy 11-27-2012 01:37 PM

Well dr said most likely the flu to just get plenty of rest and lots of fluids. I hope this is gone before the little one decides to arrive

evasimone 11-27-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarlett's mommy (Post 15976976)
Well dr said most likely the flu to just get plenty of rest and lots of fluids. I hope this is gone before the little one decides to arrive

I was just wondering about you, thanks for the update. Definitely get lots of rest! Hope you feel better soon.

Scarlett's mommy 11-27-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evasimone

I was just wondering about you, thanks for the update. Definitely get lots of rest! Hope you feel better soon.

Thank you that's so sweet