Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Stuffing Narrow Fuzzibunz - anyone find a fix? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1466580)

mayasmomma 11-25-2012 02:44 PM

Stuffing Narrow Fuzzibunz - anyone find a fix?

I'm so annoyed every time I have to stuff diapers I do our other brands first and then there's that dreaded pile of OS Fuzzibunz left to stuff. You all know how narrow they are. I've been so tempted to ruin the microfiber inserts by cutting along one side to make them more narrow. I think that would probably effect the absorbency of them though. I loved our perfect sized smalls that my dd just outgrew so I just bought 4 more in mediums from some moms on here. That doesn't fix the problem of the 6 or so OS I'm left with. I know I could sell them but I do love how trim they are under pants and I love the colors we have. Has anyone found a stuffing solution? Our inserts also seem to bunch up so they never lay flat once stuffed - no matter how long I play with them. Such a waste of time!

flylady0505 11-25-2012 03:08 PM

Hi oh no I just picked up a few of those I hope I don't have that issue if you find any good tips please let me know.

RNmom926 11-25-2012 03:08 PM

Re: Stuffing Narrow Fuzzibunz - anyone find a fix?

I know what you are talking about! I love how trim they are but they are a pita to stuff!!! I think it was one of the mommas on here who made this life changing suggestion to me.... I fold the insert in half so it is only about 6" long instead of about 12". Put your fingers in between the folded insert so one half is on top of your fingers and one half is below. Lift the fleece liner of the diaper and set the folded insert in as far as you can with your palm down towards the sticky pul. Now, with your fingers still in between the insert, push the part of the insert that is on top of your fingers into the pocket. With your other hand from the outside of the pocket pinch the top of the diaper (where your fingers have pushed the insert) holding the insert in the proper place. Then pull your hand out of the pocket while flattening the insert out.

I hope this makes sense. I wonder if you search on YouTube. There might have been a video. But I.cant remember. Goodluck!

jennayoung99 11-25-2012 03:17 PM

I hear this all the time. Are they really narrow in the crotch? Yes. Are they hard to stuff? No. I have never had a problem stuffing mine. I stuff with flats and they fit great. I don't have huge hands so maybe that's why i dont have issues. My inserts always lay great and I don't have issues with stick PUL either like everyone says. Maybe I'm the odd one out.

newmommy13 11-25-2012 03:26 PM

Ugh I hated fb for this reason! So sticky! I have man hands though. :giggle:

mayasmomma 11-25-2012 03:33 PM

Re: Stuffing Narrow Fuzzibunz - anyone find a fix?

lol - no I don't have huge hands! They are quite small actually! My diapers are just SO sticky. My size small FB weren't sticky at all - weird right? I do that trick folding them in half and putting them in but they still are too wide for the diaper itself. Should I just give up on the mf inserts they came with and try something else instead?