Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   All Things Carseats (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   which snugride? and a few questions?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1466619)

happymama1 11-25-2012 05:04 PM

which snugride? and a few questions??

Hi! I usually have big babies (9 1/2 lbs) and they are usually very tall and about 20lbs by 4 months old. (yeah breastmilk!! :giggle:)

I'm in the market for a new carseat...already have a graco quatro tour stroller that was new about a year ago. I'm trying to figure out which snugride to get. I'm pretty sure I want the 30 or the 35.

Any help??? Please share reasons in favor of which one.

We have a honda odyssey.

1) how do they fit with the driver's seat? (we are tall people, thus the tall babies ;) )

can't think of my other questions right now....I'll come back to update with more as I gather more info. IN the mean time....feel free to chime in with opinions!

cdeweese 11-25-2012 06:32 PM

Re: which snugride? and a few questions??

We had a Snugride 35 and liked it :) Something to be aware of though: It is one of the biggest infant car seats and because of that it doesn't fit in the booths or car seat holders at restaurants. It was definitely an inconvenience. It's also pretty heavy. This time around we are going with a smaller Snugride because we typically switch to a convertible carseat when the baby is 6-8 months. But it will fit in your stroller and will be big enough to keep your baby secure for a while. HTH!

happymama1 11-25-2012 07:31 PM

thank you! do you think the 30 would be small enough to be "smaller than the 35" to be more convenient but big enough to fit a large chunky baby for a while? I also usually switch to a convertable carseat pretty quickly (my youngest was 3 months when we switched because it didn't fit her well at all)....but with this being my 4th baby, I'd like the option of the carseat in the stroller (to keep baby asleep for outings on those rare moments when you need baby to keep sleeping but life keeps going) at least a tiny bit longer if possible.

luvsviola 11-25-2012 08:42 PM

I think it is one of those things that is going to be personal preference. The bigger one obviously holds taller babies. :) I would go to BRU and see them both in person before you decide. They will let you try them out in your car to see which one you prefer.

I would also look at the Onboard 35 while you are there. It fit fine in any stroller I've tried it with, and is super tall, with more leg room than any other infant seat on the market.

cdeweese 11-25-2012 08:46 PM

I second looking at both in person (our problem was the width of the seat)

KaleidoscopeEyes 11-25-2012 08:58 PM

i have a snug ride, i cant use the base in my car because it would mean having the seats all the way up.

Mom2Connor 11-26-2012 06:27 AM

We used the SR35 for our DS, who is always in the 90+% for height/weight. I always hear people say that even with the high weight, their baby outgrew it in height at 4, 5, 6, months. Honestly, if they truely had the big snugride, they didn't know how to measure. Because like I said, our DS is and always has been in the 90+% for weight AND height and although we were using convertables in our vehicles by about 10 months, I still used the SR for my mom until DS was about 15 months. And he actually still had a little growing room height wise. We finally just stopped using it because he was a little squished looking in there otherwise.

Regarding restaurant booths, we always (and still do) get the big booth when we go out to eat with DS so we have space to put things further down the table and not have him into everything. So we always just set his carseat at the end of the booth (the end by the wall, not by the isle) when he was little and sleeping or just little in general. After that, he was always in the high chair so it wasn't an issue.

I used a carseat holder a couple times at restaurants, but honestly they made me nervous so I didn't use them for long. And his carseat fit fine so it must depend on what kind that restaurant has.