Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Headaches normal during pregnancy? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1466632)

MyM&W 11-25-2012 06:44 PM

Headaches normal during pregnancy?

Ive had mild but somewhat painful headaches. they would normally start around 4pm and last til I went to bed. I'm thankful I haven't had them the last 2 days. They are always low in the back of my head. They have been happening for a couple weeks. I made an appt with my ob but had to cancel due to something coming up.
Are they normal during pregnancy? I don't recall having them with my last two babies..

leyash 11-25-2012 06:53 PM

Re: Headaches normal during pregnancy?

I didn't have headaches with my last three. But I've had HORRID headaches this time around. I probably get 2-3 a week or so. They have gotten more intense, but less frequent in my second trimester. I get hormonal headaches anyway, not pregnant, so these were expected. They are in the back of my head/upper neck, and come up to my forehead (tension headaches). I also get migraines, which are typically one sided, throbbing, and can make me throw up. :(

MyM&W 11-25-2012 06:56 PM

sounds exactly like me! I've had migraine ever since I had my first child lol. Always one sided. They start by giving me that vision disturbance, if my left eye gets weird the migraine will be on my right side and vice versa. Never make me vomit though thankfully.

EmilyA874 11-25-2012 07:15 PM

Not sure if they are normal per say, would def. talk to your Dr. but I know for me I get a headache when I am over tired, which is a lot lately, haha. By 4 or 5pm I have that dull achey head ache and it doesn't go away until I get some sleep. Are you getting enough sleep? That's really all I can think of but hope you figure it out. Headaches are awful, especially in pregnancy.

MyM&W 11-25-2012 07:25 PM

Hmm I normally get 8hrs...its not full 8hrs though since I get up a million times to pee. I have an appt coming up in a couple weeks. I will def mention it.!

keen1981 11-25-2012 07:27 PM

Oh yes. Horrid ones even. I am not a happy pregnant lady during the first tri. My headaches have been horrid.

twinpossible 11-25-2012 09:20 PM

Normal for me, regular trips to the Chiro. and tons of water keep them away.

AniMommy 11-26-2012 12:28 PM

I had them a bunch in the first tri this time. I googled it b/c I never had them with my first pregnancy and thought it might be "significant." According to numerous web sites (FWIW), it's common in pregnancy and due to a couple things:

1. hormones (yeah!)
2. dehydration
3. caffiene withdrawl
4. mama's needing to take it easy

So, long story short, drink LOTS of water and rest as much as possible. Decide whether you want to consume some caffiene.

I think headaches may be a problem in later pregnancy if you have other signs of pre-e, but a headache alone that goes away after resting is probably just a headache.

abunchoflemons 11-26-2012 12:52 PM

Yes norm...