Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Minimalist Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=222)
-   -   Stocking stuffer ideas (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1466703)

Addicted2Chocolate 11-25-2012 10:44 PM

Stocking stuffer ideas

I just realized that I haven't thought about stocking stuffers for our 3 girls. Now I'm scrambling for ideas for things that are functional, Eco friendly ( or not going to be headed for the landfill in 2 days time) and inexpensive. Lets share tips/ideas.

themamageek 11-25-2012 11:01 PM

Re: Stocking stuffer ideas

Fruit is always a good one. An apple or an orange, for instance! :)

pgkcb13 11-25-2012 11:34 PM

my girls are getting lip balm (the whole foods brand is inexpensive and has good ingredients), roll on glitter (ODD, also from WF), a pair of fuzzy socks (we use them instead of slippers), a toothbrush, an orange, fair trade dark chocolate coins, fancy marshmallows (WF again), and bath bombs (made by me).

Sounds like a lot, but it's mostly replacing things (socks that are too small, lip balm used up, toothbrush worn out), and consumables.

harmoni247 11-26-2012 12:09 AM

Our boys are getting new wool hat and scarves plus hot drink travel mugs (mason jar plus cuppow lid plus cup cozy). Basically new things to use on our walk/hike that day!

5PrincessMommy 11-26-2012 12:17 AM

My girls like having food that is just their own so they will be getting mini packs of donuts (was a main request on one dds list lol), ind bag of chips, their favorite fruit, odd is getting a nice razor and shaving cream, toothbrushes and toothpaste, floss, lotion, lip gloss and a hair accessory

Only 11-26-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5PrincessMommy
My girls like having food that is just their own so they will be getting mini packs of donuts (was a main request on one dds list lol), ind bag of chips, their favorite fruit, odd is getting a nice razor and shaving cream, toothbrushes and toothpaste, floss, lotion, lip gloss and a hair accessory

I loved how, in another thread one of your daughters wanted a hermit crab and donuts for Christmas, haha! :)

A will only be six months so I'm doing things she can use, a few bath toys, some new natural baby body wash, a haba teether, and I'm not sure what else.

cherylchoo 11-26-2012 07:45 AM

This is usually what we put in stockings (2 girls and a boy).

New toothbrushes (and yes they are excited about that). I think this year I may also put in tubes of toothpaste of their favorite flavors, because the last two tubes DH bought were a flavor they don't really like, LOL).

Chocolate coins. You can only find them in stores this time of year, and for some reason they think they are really cool. :giggle2:

Crazy socks. Normally we just have lots of pairs of one kind of sock for each kid, but we will give one or two pairs of crazy patterned ones in the stocking and keep them until one gets lost.

Bubbles, and sometimes sidewalk chalk. They are usually on clearance now, and if not still at the dollar store.

Crayons, colored pencils, markers, pens - whatever is age-appropriate. You would be surprised how excited a little one gets about twistable crayons or dry-erase markers, a young kid about fancy ballpoint pens, or when a kid is FINALLY old enough for sharpies. :rofl:

Coloring or activity books. Or a paperback/comic for older kids.

Lip balm is always good, as are soaps and lotions if they like that. For a tween girl, to finally get lip gloss or nude lipstick can be a big deal. And girls of any age often like perfume, if you can find a scent that is appropriate.

My son loves matchbox/hotwheels in his stockings.

Decks of cards or other card games, little travel games, marbles, and jacks are fun too.

The little playdohs (bought or homemade) are also a hit here.

Addicted2Chocolate 11-26-2012 09:54 AM

Wow! Thanks for all the awesome ideas. Love the Small snacks and things they need like tooth brushes and bath toys. We are going. Minimalist so keeping the junk out of the stockings is major. So far I have Crayon rocks and a whole list of great ideas. Thanks ladies.

abunchoflemons 11-26-2012 09:59 AM

My mom did fruit in shoes.... she does socks & underwear.... or like I just got into sewing stuff for girl scouts & so I think that type of stuff.... small that people will use.. what r ur girls into? Mine would use paints& that stuff... paper etc... books if they like to read.....

Addicted2Chocolate 11-26-2012 10:21 AM

One year I did a "coupon book" for our oldest daughter when we were broke and couldn't afford much. Our middle daughter still pulls that little book out and looks at it.

This might be a great year to make a special booklet for each of the girls. We did things like coupons for a free hug, an ice cream at the ice cream shop, a DVD rental, cookie decorating with mom, movie with dad it was all about creating special memories and she loved it.

I also just realized I could make a pair of mittens with all my scrap yarn for the little girls and some fancy fingerless gloves for our teenager.