Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Basically it's Monday (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1466714)

~whitehologram~ 11-25-2012 11:46 PM

Basically it's Monday

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...g?t=1305616431

We are a group of parents that chat and support each other.
We have been at this for a while so some of us are out of the diapering stage.
...some were out and are back in again.
Every once in a while we actually get to answer a diaper question or two in here.
If you are looking for a very diverse and open group come on over and chat.

~whitehologram~ 11-25-2012 11:48 PM

Re: Basically it's Monday

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksmommy1 (Post 15969490)
Ok I need some book recs

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjbbrown (Post 15969522)
I am reading
Argo: How the CIA and Hollywood Pulled Off the Most Audacious Rescue in History
Right now. I am enjoying it. I love non-fiction

Rise of the Guardians is a great movie. MH made it through the whole thing and stayed interested.

That's nice. Sounds like a great film. I'd like to see it too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherylchoo (Post 15969597)
OMG the kids want to see The Guardians, and they never want to see anything. So glad it is good.

:hugs: Kari. I try to always transport food in the serving container inside a cardboard box or plastic tub whenever I can, and if I can put a seatbelt on it in the front seat, even better. I cringe every time I look at the floor of the back seat. I had a tray of supposedly secure giant iced teas go astray years ago and so the floor looks horrific. I know I can get it shampooed, but then the kids will tromp snow boots all over it so why bother.

I am trying to get my December calendar in order. I know I am missing stuff. So frustrating when I can't remember things.

Had a most excellent accidental holiday shopping experience. Went to Target after church, found Ian some Angry Birds PJs and nearly all the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle figures on sale (to be from MIL). Then went to Meijers to get juice, and they had the fuzzy (not plain fleece) Angry Birds robe, in the right size, and an Angry Birds toothbrush, and when I rang them up they were both on sale and my rewards points kicked in and I basically got them for almost nothing. Told DH to check the other Target on his way to Lowes, and he got one of the two missing figures. And I forgot to mention the reason I went out of my way to order photo calendars yesterday is because they were buy one, get two free. Everything else I have to order onliine anyway so I am pretty much done with physical holiday shopping (save a few online items) and I have not spent very much at all. Whoopee!

Well done on the shopping :thumbsup:

~whitehologram~ 11-25-2012 11:49 PM

I'd love to know why my kids are up at 5:30am everyday on the weekend yet I struggle to get them out of their beds on a weekday?

Oh well....one of the mysteries of life being a small child I suppose. It's doubtful I'll ever know.

~whitehologram~ 11-25-2012 11:51 PM

I did however manage to get them all up, dressed, teeth and hair brushed in very good time...so not a bad morning. :thumbsup:

Somehow I managed to get the wet diapers in the dryer and the dirty ones int he washer and washing while stumbling around before meds and my first cup of tea. I'm thinking that's got to be seen as a mini miracle. :thumbsup:

~whitehologram~ 11-25-2012 11:55 PM

I'm supposed to do my sport this morning but it's raining.....motivation to go and walk for 30 minutes is somewhat lacking.

I have KG this morning and work this afternoon; I'd rather just sit here and knit.

I need to think of something for dinner. Or I could give the kids the left over bolognese and Heiner and I could have the last 2 Cordon bleu. Now that sounds like a plan :D

~whitehologram~ 11-25-2012 11:58 PM

So grateful for my meds...I'm feeling top fit now and not as bad as I should be, Heiner tossed and turned most of the night. I was just about to just get up and leave to sleep elsewhere when he finally stopped.

Maybe he was having nightmares about Vampires and wolves coming to get him?

~whitehologram~ 11-26-2012 12:08 AM

Or maybe it's the double strength strong cup of caffeinated tea that I had before my meds....one of the two is working for me today.

jacksmommy1 11-26-2012 06:02 AM

Soooo tired. Little mr has a second snaggle tooth coming in and my cup of tea smashed in the droveway

cherylchoo 11-26-2012 08:02 AM

Morning mamas!

Hugs Kari, hate when that happens.

Janine, IDK why kids get up early on weekends. My mom always like to tell the story about how when I was my kids' age, every Saturday morning I'd get up at the buttcrack of dawn, and they'd hear my little routine. Pour the cereal, open the fridge, pour the milk, shut the fridge (slam!), go into the living room, turn on the big CRT TV (which back then made a big thud sound when you turned them on, and then the cartoons would start. They were just grateful I didn't get into anything else or bug them. :rofl:

Which my kids could never manage. :roflmbo: I set out food for them, leave the beverages where they can reach in the fridge, etc. and they still come in, wake me up several times, ask if they can do TV/computer/Wii even if I have told them the night before only TV or Wii in the basement, then they usually skip breakfast and it's not very long before the fighting over TV/Wii starts. If they do eat, they come up and ask me to open their banana/cereal bar/etc. That is assuming they haven't gotten into something they aren't supposed to. ;)

I think we are just doomed to wake up early until they are teens. And then the tradeoff is staying up late making sure they come home on time and don't sneak out. :roflmbo:

cherylchoo 11-26-2012 08:04 AM

Kindle Fire is $129 today on amazon for those that were interested!