Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Totally Misrepresented Items?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1466741)

KelseyH 11-26-2012 06:52 AM

Totally Misrepresented Items??

This is the listing:

Attachment 125630

Attachment 125631

This is what I got:

Attachment 125632

Attachment 125633

Velcro "in good shape".... Uhh, this is good?

Attachment 125634

Attachment 125635

The Velcro on this one was in better shape, but there was so much pilling on both that I'm really surprised she didn't mention it.

Is it just me, and this is "good" condition?? I have received other things in "good" condition before that are like brand new compared to these covers. I'm a little disappointed. Do I contact the mama? Just leave feedback? Contact a mod? All of my transactions so far on here have been fantastic, so I haven't had to worry about this. I'm not going to use these covers. Had I known that this was considered "good" I never would have purchased them.

She hasn't spoken to me since she shipped it... I took almost (just over? I have to check) an entire week for her to ship, and I sent several messages asking for a DC# since she didn't provide one, and never heard back. Obviously I got the package, but still...

What do I do?

Pixi6s 11-26-2012 07:06 AM

Re: Totally Misrepresented Items??

Well you got a pretty good deal on 2 covers and a prefold even for the actual quality. What would you want? Do you want a refund? Would you want another $ or 2 off? You could probably be more honest about the condition and get $8ppd (though you would loose shipping of course).

At a minimum I would talk to the mama. Even if nothing comes of it you can help her see what you see and hopefully she will list stuff better in the future -- a mama did this for me once. I didn't look over my diapers carefully enough and I learned my lesson.

They don't look EUC, but I'd say they are GUC honestly -- just more description was warranted. Good Used usually means that were fully used by at least 1 kid....

I would say if you got EUC diapers marked as GUC previously -- then other mama's aren't listing very well either....

Nerissa 11-26-2012 07:15 AM

Those look in GUC to me. If you got all that for $8.00ppd that in an awsome deal. It looks like normal wear for aplix diapers especially if the get snagged on the aplix during wash. IMO GUC means that they were used and would have normal wear. I would expect some cosmetic things.

I wouldn't call them totally misreprestented. Did you ask for pictures of the aplix or the leg elastic?

s@hmommy 11-26-2012 07:21 AM

That price is nearly ffs. The one velcro doesn't look so hot, not EUC imo, but the rest does look ok for the price. Pilliness is part of getting anything less than new for myself, but I almost always list my stuff as GUC to be safe.

myclanof6 11-26-2012 07:27 AM

I'd have to agree with pp, those look like GUC diapers. Good Velcro IMO means its still sticky but most likely pilly, good overall condition means its obviously been used (pilly, maybe slightly lax elastic, fuzzy Velcro) but still looks decent and is functional.
Unfortunately definitions of good and excellent are relative and mean different things to different people. Your best bet is to ask lots of questions (I'm guilty of not and getting something surprising in the mail) and ask for pictures of what you want to see.
For what it's worth, I don't think she misrepresented the items and I think you did end up getting a good deal. It probably cost her about $3-4 easily for shipping so she didn't actually make much off the sale.

kimb96 11-26-2012 07:43 AM

I don't think the items were misrepresented at all. I would expect items listed as GUC to show wear and possible cosmetic issues. I think the price reflected the condition. I think you are expecting too much if you expect stuff listed as GUC to be in near perfect condition.

KelseyH 11-26-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixi6s
Well you got a pretty good deal on 2 covers and a prefold even for the actual quality. What would you want?
-- just more description was warranted. Good Used usually means that were fully used by at least 1 kid....

I don't know... That's why I started this thread. I just feel like she wasn't completely honest - with the photos or her description. It would be nice if there was an actual rubric for EUC/GUC/etc. instead of just everyone's widely varying personal opinions. :/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerissa
It looks like normal wear for aplix diapers especially if the get snagged on the aplix during wash.

I guess because my stash is 99% snaps, this amount of pilling isn't "normal" wear IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimb96
I think you are expecting too much if you expect stuff listed as GUC to be in near perfect condition.

I don't expect it to be near perfect. I never said that... I have just received stuff FFS before that was in better shape than this. I know it was only $8, but it was $8 I would still have and be able to spend on something I would actually like and use if she had been upfront with her description.

Quote:

Originally Posted by myclanof6
Your best bet is to ask lots of questions (I'm guilty of not and getting something surprising in the mail) and ask for pictures of what you want to see.

I thought I was detailed enough in my PMs, but I guess I have learned my lesson and will have to be super-specific in the future.

keen1981 11-26-2012 08:12 AM

I think the price reflected condition. But then again I got a great deal on BG's with poop on them. No good deal is ever worth poop to me. So idk. Not sure they were misrepresented. GUC is so relative. I never use that stuff anymore.

3lilbubs 11-26-2012 09:41 AM

No, I think that's pretty accurate.

I_run_with_scissors 11-26-2012 10:12 AM

i think the price reflected the condition, but i wouldnt call those EUC, she definitely should have mentioned the the pilling, applix ect "good shape" and EUC vary so much from person to person

I dont think shipping them back would really be worth it for you, are they still items you will be able to get a bit of use out of? or are they something youd probably FFS or donate? I think that answer would determine what sort of resolution id want.

I would contact for sure, and let her know that you arent happy, and give her the heads up for the future. I personally would probably ask for a partial refund and keep the items, maybe a couple of dollars back.