Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Mashed potatoes in thr crock pot? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1466940)

RainandRedemption 11-26-2012 02:41 PM

Our stove died on us so I've been trying new things and were being creative until we get a new one :giggle: I wanted to try this today but no idea how it would turn out ,and I'm not the best cook! :blush:

Anyone do this before?

Et fix choppy sentences (thanks iphone)

stevensmom 11-26-2012 02:43 PM

Re: Mashed potatoes in thr crock pot?

yes...however I precook them on the stove (boil). So don't know how'd it work without the stove.

But what I do is boil potatoes with minced garlic and chicken broth. When it's fork tender I move it over to the crock pot with sour cream and cream cheese, and on low for a couple of hours...yummy!

I was in charge of potatoes for thanksgiving :giggle2:

KelseyH 11-26-2012 02:43 PM

I'm sure you could find some info on crockpot365.blogspot.com! I love that website. :) good luck!

abunchoflemons 11-26-2012 03:10 PM

Why not high in water then empty some water & mash & season to taste? U might want to put on in morn for supper.....

s@hmommy 11-26-2012 03:12 PM

You could bake the potatos in the oven or microwave and scoop it out and season and smash like normal. They turn out super yummy out of the oven!

RainandRedemption 11-26-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s@hmommy
You could bake the potatos in the oven or microwave and scoop it out and season and smash like normal. They turn out super yummy out of the oven!

The whole things shot :( so can't use the oven

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

RainandRedemption 11-26-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevensmom
yes...however I precook them on the stove (boil). So don't know how'd it work without the stove.

But what I do is boil potatoes with minced garlic and chicken broth. When it's fork tender I move it over to the crock pot with sour cream and cream cheese, and on low for a couple of hours...yummy!

I was in charge of potatoes for thanksgiving :giggle2:

Oh my YUUUUMMMM that sounds so good! Can't wait to try this!!

RainandRedemption 11-26-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abunchoflemons
Why not high in water then empty some water & mash & season to taste? U might want to put on in morn for supper.....

I was going to try today but always prefer something tried rather than winging it:) but I'll do this if I don't find a recipe that sounds good

KelseyH thanks for the link! I'll check that out after dinner

Steph Ed 11-26-2012 04:07 PM

If you can get the potatoes soft.....this is for 4 - 5 russet potatoes - just add enough butter to choke a camel 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup, milk for creaminess (add a little at a time), and salt to taste. And not just a little salt, like a teaspoon. Mmmmm! If I just mention mashed taters my daughter will want me to cook them!

I'm SURE if you cube the potatoes and put the crockpot on high, they will eventually cook enough to mash. Maybe 1 or 2 or so hours I'm guessing?