Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Moms of Many or Multiples (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Do you wrap gifts or bundle them? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1467089)

raisingcropsandbabies 11-27-2012 05:40 AM

Do you wrap gifts or bundle them?

Growing up, my mom never wrapped a single gift. With 12-14 of us, kids, she was not going to invest that amount of time into it. She bought Christmas trash bags and put our presents in there with a tag with our names on them... I only have 4 and that is starting to sound appealing...

Moms of Many, do you wrap all your kids' presents or bag them up???

Mamma527 11-27-2012 06:42 AM

My mom had 4 kids and Santa never wrapped gifts. You just had a pile with your stocking on top.

She did wrap the other gifts that went under the tree.

reneaumommy 11-27-2012 01:25 PM

Re: Do you wrap gifts or bundle them?

I have 4 this year and I wrapped it all...even the santa stuff. Each kid has 5-7 gifts from santa, their stocking and 2 gifts from us. my mom helped me wrap it all. I got 4 different kinds of paper to use for the santa gifts. Each kid has their santa gifts wrapped in one kind of paper.

mama_to_DJM 11-27-2012 01:28 PM

I LOVE wrapping gifts, so yes, I do them individually. :)

hac1224 11-27-2012 01:54 PM

I have 4, and we don't do Santa, but I wouldn't ever consider NOT wrapping gifts. I even avoid gift bags because it's more fun to actually "unwrap" the gifts. The only thing I bought a big bag for was a plastic treasure chest that was too big and awkward for wrapping paper. I might would wrap two really small similar items together in the same box, ie this year my girls are each getting 2 Mini-Lalaloopsies. Those are weird shaped and small, so they each have 2 in a gift box then wrapped.

MaryInPinedale 11-27-2012 02:00 PM

I do half and half. I really like to "stage" the big gifts from Santa. Like set up the hot wheels track, put the doll house together with all the furniture and dolls inside, put the dolly in the doll stroller etc.. It is fun to see the look on their faces when they see it all set up. Once all the gifts are all opened they already have a couple that are set up and ready to play with so DH and I can relax for a minute and have a cup of coffee before having to open, set up and put batteries in the rest of the toys.

paper_girl_76 11-27-2012 02:02 PM

I always wrap everything...unless it is huge, like a bike or something.

megkmc 11-27-2012 10:22 PM

I am one of four kids and growing up my mom wrapped all the gifts. Each kid had their own wrapping paper and each kids was in a separate pile with our stocking on top. So it was really obvious whose pile was whose. And the wrapping paper was picked with each kid in mind, so it kinda matched your personality or gender, etc.

BNC 11-27-2012 10:44 PM

My parents wrapped all our Santa gifts in white tissue paper, because it was cheaper, lol. then they wrote ou first initial on them so we could tell them apart.

We wrap all gifts here as well, though the Christmas bag is appealing, lol!

emsody22 11-28-2012 08:05 AM

Santa never wrapped but the gifts from mom and dad were always wrapped...