Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Extra Fluffy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   canadian mamas and shipping woes. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1467304)

jennayoung99 11-27-2012 04:59 PM

canadian mamas and shipping woes.

anyone else get fed up with how long it takes to get things from the US??

i've been waiting weeks for my newborn woolies, and i know this is normal, but it doesn't get any easier to have patience.

and then i come on here and get so jealous of the US mamas ranting about how this or that took 5 days to come (i'm so jealous of you people that get your stuff in 2 days)

i hate waiting, i wish my things would magically appear in my mailbox, that would be nice.

i think i'm waiting on 5 packages now, maybe more, i can't remember, lol.

Nicolenutt 11-27-2012 05:25 PM

I know, the waiting is frustrating. What irks me more though is not being able to sell on fsot or spots bc of the ridiculous Canada post shipping prices!! Here's hoping your woolies show up soon :)

qsefthuko 11-27-2012 05:37 PM

Re: canadian mamas and shipping woes.

Why does it take so long?

craigwick 11-27-2012 05:40 PM

Customs is what holds it up isn't it? Pain in the bum...and the weird thing is sometimes things are quick and other times it takes ages and ages. I gave up on buying from the states when I can avoid it.

jennayoung99 11-27-2012 09:07 PM

I don't think it's all customs, Canada post is pretty slow. It takes 9 days for me to get anything from my sister in nova Scotia, and my last package from Ontario took 6 days.

Nicolenutt 11-28-2012 07:23 AM

Canada post is crazy slow! When I send stuff to my dad in Michigan it gets there 2 days faster then when I send the exact same thing to family in Windsor. They live 25 mins away from each other and the stuff is being sent from Ontario. Tell me how that makes sense lol.

quinnNjesse 11-28-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicolenutt (Post 15977890)
I know, the waiting is frustrating. What irks me more though is not being able to sell on fsot or spots bc of the ridiculous Canada post shipping prices!! Here's hoping your woolies show up soon :)

agree. It's SO expensive, especially to buy from people WITHIN canada!!!

When I buy woolies I tell myself that I am likely not reselling them. It's just that I'm buying baby clothes.

ckck 11-28-2012 07:33 AM

CAD PO is slooooooooooow... I have a bunch of xmas gifts coming. I sure hope they make it in time :(

Nicolenutt 11-28-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckck
CAD PO is slooooooooooow... I have a bunch of xmas gifts coming. I sure hope they make it in time :(

Yeah I hear you, I have some stuff coming from BC and they haven't shipped yet, I'm starting to get nervous!

luvsgreen 11-28-2012 02:22 PM

It takes FOR-EVA!! Last year I had a pair of customs leggings made, they came so late, they didn't even fit anymore :banghead: So annoying. I am trying to sell some stuff that doesn't fit anymore to fund winter woolies, and nothing is moving. I think everything is reasonably priced, and all is ppd, I am not getting much back out of it. frustrating..