Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Extra Fluffy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   How many babies would you have to have... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1467328)

luvof3boyz 11-27-2012 06:39 PM

How many babies would you have to have...

My hubby asked me how many babies I would need to have to actually save money CD.:giggle: So how many would you have to have? All you wool mamas have to account for your wool.:giggle:

luvof3boyz 11-27-2012 06:44 PM

Re: How many babies would you have to have...

Sorry about typos. On my pad. I should have previewed.

Fashionably Green Baby 11-27-2012 06:47 PM

We use our wool as clothes so not sure I should have to count all of it towards diapering....
I made pretty much my entire stash other than the flats and a few other random diapers and some covers but I think excluding my wool that is used in place of clothes (so not the pull on covers or wraps since they are not clothes) I probably saved money with just one kid or at least broke even but I have 2 in diapers, my sister used my newborn stash, and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE at least one more kiddo and once I sell off what makes it through my kids I think I will more than come out ahead.

FrozenBooty 11-27-2012 08:21 PM

Probably 10-12 more kids at least given the size of my stash.

greencrunchymama 11-27-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrozenBooty (Post 15978572)
Probably 10-12 more kids at least given the size of my stash.

:giggle2: I think I'm doing pretty well so far but can't stop thinking about what I want to buy next!

And wool totally counts as clothing! ;)

jennayoung99 11-27-2012 08:33 PM

Baby #2 on the way will put us ahead. Plus once I sell the newborn stuff we should have over $600 back in the baby fund. My OS stash has only cost $925 so far, so not too terrible.

raymark 11-27-2012 08:52 PM

I voted for 'can't count that high' but in reality I would never save no matter how many kids. I would not be willing to use a cost saving CD stash.

luvof3boyz 11-27-2012 09:04 PM

Would you use wool for clothing if you didn't cloth diaper? If there is a fitted under that wool I say count it as diaper cost.:giggle2:

whitneywalters 11-28-2012 08:39 AM

I am already saving money. I have four children, a decent sized stash and I use wool. I use wool over pockets and fitteds so they count towards clothing, plus I sell what I do not need and use that money to buy more.

Fashionably Green Baby 11-28-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvof3boyz (Post 15978795)
Would you use wool for clothing if you didn't cloth diaper? If there is a fitted under that wool I say count it as diaper cost.:giggle2:

Yep, sent DS off to preschool today in his big boy boxers and wool longies :goodvibes: