Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Mama cloth gal (and Go with the Flo fan) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1467378)

debcita429 11-27-2012 10:10 PM

Mama cloth gal (and Go with the Flo fan)

Hi, I'm Deb, and I'm pretty new to mama cloths.

After several expensive trials of items that aren't right for me, I fell in love with Go with the Flo. Unfortunately, I had buyer's trigger finger and ordered a large stash of Go with the Flo during a sale only to realize that I need to be wearing their "petite" sizes, not their regulars. I literally bought my second stash of GWTF pads a couple of days before my period so that they have not yet arrived, but I already know I want something different. I would love to BUY some GWTF PETITES from a mama out there who bought some only to get pregnant and never use them (if such a mama is out there). I would also like to sell the ones I have never worn (I'll keep the ones I have worn and make do with those until I can afford some in the right size).

I have neither washed nor worn several 13" Supers and 11" Standards that I will be looking to sell here (I plan to post an ad with pictures sometime next week). These will be with her bamboo/organic cotton velour tops. I got to chatting with another Go with the Flo fan on facebook who is a moderator here, and she recommended this site as a place where she has sold unwanted pads and diapers.

I'm also interested in selling my New Moon Ultra XXL pad in lilac batik, as it is similarly far too wide for me. I purchased the most expensive Ultra variety that rolls the fleece up the sides for an extra gussetting feature b/c I have trouble with side leakage. I did not even try it on because I did try on my New Moon Ultra XL pad (it is just barely an acceptable width for me, and the XXL is even wider). I washed both of my New Moon pads twice, as the instructions were to do so in order to prep them for use. But I have never even tried on the Ultra XXL. The Ultra feature is a neat idea, and Renee is an artful sewer with beautiful flannels. I recommend her for those who can handle wide widths. I am comfortably wearing her XL as I type.

I also have two Fuzzibunz Mother of Eden Super comfort pads that have never been washed or worn that I plan to post. They are SUPER SOFT, and since it snaps into a neat little square, I carry one in my purse and have three others in my cloth rotation. However, the design is not ideal for me, so I'm glad I reserved a couple of them.

Additionally, I have not used (but have washed) one of my littlebeecreations 14" pads w/ PUL. These just have not been a fit for me, although I have seen them recommended on this site. I might throw another one of them, which has only been used once, into the lot that I sell.

I just thought I'd put this feeler out there to say hi and to see if there is any initial interest.

I'm excited to join the "mama cloth" world even though I am not a mama! I was highly allergic to the store pads; they gave me hives. I had no idea there were such effective and nice cloth options out there until recently.

Well, that is it from me!

Deb

kbz2002 11-28-2012 07:13 AM

Re: Mama cloth gal (and Go with the Flo fan)

:welcome:

debcita429 11-28-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbz2002 (Post 15979548)

Thank you, Kathy :).

debcita429 11-28-2012 09:29 AM

I guess I will not be posting my unused and unwashed GWTF pads as soon as I had hoped. I see I need 30 posts and 15 days of membership! Hmm.... In that case, I may just wait until I have another period under my belt with the pads that I have already washed and used.

Some of the pads I plan to sell have not even arrived in the mail yet anyhow, as I got them on a Black Friday Sale... and got my period on Monday only to discover I had ordered the wrong sizes, lol. :P

See you at the FSOT in January I guess. Meanwhile, I'll try to find a spot on the board where I can give some pad feedback or organization ideas that I am discovering.

~happy2Bamommy~ 11-28-2012 10:56 AM

Hi Deb!

I'm Carolyn from GWTF/FB :goodvibes:

Glad to see you joined us!

It is really easy to get to those 30 post. They can be in any thread (craft chat really helps!) You do not have to actually create threads in order for it to count. We had to do something to help discourage dishonest people from being able to scam on here as easily and this has helped a little.

If you need any help at all with learning the ropes, feel free to message me here or on facebook again.

debcita429 11-28-2012 11:29 AM

Thanks so much for pointing me here and welcoming me! I've already posted quite a few times here in one day as it turns out. Alas, I am not even slightly crafty, but there are still things to talk about :).

P!nkPepper 11-30-2012 09:12 PM

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k

debcita429 11-30-2012 09:45 PM

Thanks, Quickshep!

anniekins1488 11-30-2012 09:54 PM

:welcome: to DS! I'm Annie, and I'm a fluff addict. :giggle:

I'm interested in seeing the pads you want to sell! :thumbsup:

MotherMoonPads 11-30-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~ (Post 15980540)
Hi Deb!

I'm Carolyn from GWTF/FB :goodvibes:

Glad to see you joined us!

It is really easy to get to those 30 post. They can be in any thread (craft chat really helps!) You do not have to actually create threads in order for it to count. We had to do something to help discourage dishonest people from being able to scam on here as easily and this has helped a little.

If you need any help at all with learning the ropes, feel free to message me here or on facebook again.

You are GWTF? I never knew that! :)