Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   SI joint dysfunction (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1467422)

newcdmommy29 11-28-2012 07:14 AM

SI joint dysfunction

I found out recently I have SI joint dysfunction. Anyone have any recommendations for me? I'm 13 weeks pregnant and in HORRIBLE pain constantly. My PT exercises are helping but are excruciating as well. :( I need some support/ideas because I am getting very little sleep and I'm getting so I can't function. This could be a LONG pregnancy.

kateroc 11-28-2012 10:50 AM

Re: SI joint dysfunction

have you tried chiropractic? It helped my SI joint issues during pregnancy, although I was never formally diagnosed with SI joint dysfunction. It wouldn't hurt to consult one, though.

crunchyNurseMommy 11-28-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newcdmommy29
I found out recently I have SI joint dysfunction. Anyone have any recommendations for me? I'm 13 weeks pregnant and in HORRIBLE pain constantly. My PT exercises are helping but are excruciating as well. :( I need some support/ideas because I am getting very little sleep and I'm getting so I can't function. This could be a LONG pregnancy.

Oh mama! My SI joint is a mess too! I have found waking to help. Seriously hurts really bad for the beginning but if I slow down & get to a dirt trail (off concrete) it feels much better. I has really had to push myself to do it though. Going to physical therapy tomorrow. Subbing to this to add back anything they offer that might help us both! :)

Kiliki 11-28-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kateroc (Post 15980499)
have you tried chiropractic? It helped my SI joint issues during pregnancy, although I was never formally diagnosed with SI joint dysfunction. It wouldn't hurt to consult one, though.

agree on the chiro! :thumbsup:

Also never officially diagnosed, but joint problems in the pelvis run in my family history with all of the women, so I assume I have something wrong with the joints in my pelvis. One of my pregnancies had me practically immobile. I very literally could not make it to the bathroom without DH's help. Just moving hurt so badly.

The chiro worked WONDERS. I wish I'd gone sooner.

Southern Momma 11-29-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy (Post 15981860)
Oh mama! My SI joint is a mess too! I have found waking to help. Seriously hurts really bad for the beginning but if I slow down & get to a dirt trail (off concrete) it feels much better. I has really had to push myself to do it though.

I find walking helps mine too, but like crunchyNurseMommy said, only if I go slow and walk on a dirt trial or grass. After the birth of my DD I could hardly walk but forced myself to. I was sure pitiful looking. My mother has always had problems with her SI joint so it was no surprise when I started having problems too. Her's eventually advanced to the point of needing regular pain meds. I hope to avoid that.

mama_to_DJM 11-29-2012 04:52 PM

This is the same problem my sister has, which started at the beginning of her pregnancy. She's 30 weeks and still has it. :( She has tried chiros, etc, and nothing has helped. I just hope it goes back to normal after the birth!!

Sorry you're in such pain. :hugs: