Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pumping Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=192)
-   -   Lanisoh Breast Milk Bags (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1467619)

Rossberrie 11-28-2012 04:12 PM

Lanisoh Breast Milk Bags

The line goes up to 6 ounces... but I usually fill mine up to 11 ounces. Other mommas are telling me thats soo bad. That I have to only do 6 ounces or it will explode in the freezer and saying that I'm only allowed to use it up for 24 hours and its a waste.

... but I never had a leak for the past 4 months... and when i defrost, i defrost 2 bags which equals to 8 bottles of 4 ounces ... is this wrong? Let me know please and why???

crunchymom2b 11-28-2012 07:40 PM

Re: Lanisoh Breast Milk Bags

I've filled mine with 7 oz, and honestly cant see how putting 11oz in there is possible. I don't know of any problems with that though, except for the bags busting open due to the milk expanding.

After thawing frozen milk, yes youc an only use it up to 24 hours. After that its no longer good for baby.

And my math must be way off, if you're defrosting 2 bags of 11oz each isn't that only 22oz? 8 4oz bottles would be 32oz. Just confused, sorry lol.

Rossberrie 11-29-2012 12:22 AM

Lol I confuse myself. I defrost 2 bags at a time. And yea it can fill up to 11 ounces lol

Nerissa 11-29-2012 08:57 AM

Wow I can't believe you get that much in a bag and it doesn't explode when the milk freezes and expands.

I only put betwen 4 and 6oz in each bag becuase I want tomake sure it will get used within the 24hrs when I need it.

Rossberrie 11-29-2012 11:34 AM

I exclusively pump so I always need to have 22 ounces of milk defrosted at a time. She usually finishes that up on half a day. So it wouldn't be more then 24 hours .. Or am I missing something?

crunchymom2b 11-29-2012 01:05 PM

No that makes sense. I am shocked that you can get that much into the bags without it busting though.

Do you give baby any fresh milk or just frozen? I've EPed and kept whatever wasneeded for that day/following day fresh and froze the extra.

Rossberrie 11-29-2012 05:23 PM

My milk supply dipped and my mom overfeeds her whenever she cries so there is no more frozen bags. I have about always 33 ounces of milk in bags and 6 bottles of 4 ounces of milk.

MrzP427 11-29-2012 05:28 PM

I put 12 and still have room for it to expand. I had the First Years ones and I hated that I couldnt put more Ounces in it only 6. Im Pumping for my nephew right now so I need to freeze more at a time since bags are a lil pricey.

keen1981 11-29-2012 05:35 PM

I usually freeze in bottle increments which is never more than 3 ounces for me... And yes, you should use within 24 hrs.. So-- I if you are a working mom, I would consider this. Plus, u are pushing a bag to its MAX. That liquid gold could definitely bust thru.

keen1981 11-29-2012 05:39 PM

Oh, I'd add- if you could do 1/2 fresh 1/2 frozen that's better.. Freezing does change the properties of Breastmilk. So fresh is always best. You can keep fresh in the fridge for 5 days. I'd personally try to rotate fresh/frozen so baby gets both.