Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTA - Trying To Avoid (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Anyone considering vasectomy an option? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1467738)

Made of Fleece 11-29-2012 12:45 AM

Anyone considering vasectomy an option?

Does anyone have experience or have heard of anyone having gotten one?
Complications? Regrets? Best thing that ever happened?

hilaryisinked 11-29-2012 07:18 AM

Re: Anyone considering vasectomy an option?

My DH had one in August. Today he goes in for his analysis to make sure it worked. It was the best decision we ever made. We had to get special permission because he was 23 and we only have 2 children. I have a medical history that allowed him to get it done no problem and we have no regrets. He wanted it done very badly and maybe that's what made the difference but he said it wasn't bad at all. He didn't even take any pain meds. He followed the instructions for recovery and recovered just fine. I wasn't allowed back with him during the procedure since he had it done at a military hospital but he said it wasn't bad at all. He said he just made jokes with the doctor the whole time and it didn't hurt and he was done quickly. He'd do it again if he had to.

mommabritt 11-29-2012 07:26 AM

To keep it simple- best thing we did for us. :)

sandhillcranes 11-29-2012 07:37 AM

Subbing. Hi Hilary btw! Glad to see u back here

hilaryisinked 11-29-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandhillcranes (Post 15984064)
Subbing. Hi Hilary btw! Glad to see u back here

Thank you :wave:

whitneywalters 11-29-2012 06:54 PM

Chris is getting one after we decide if we are having another baby.

Made of Fleece 11-29-2012 07:14 PM

Thanks Hilary and Brittney, really helpful. Whitney, you'll have to follow up and let us know how it went.
The doctor who performed the surgery, he/she is a... urologist?

mommabritt 11-29-2012 07:50 PM

DS saw a urologist. His procedure was smooth and simple. Recovery was very easy. Required some extra tv time for him for a day or so and a few throwaway bags of frozen peas. ;) No carrying of the kids or anything much for a while as it kinda caused a 'pulling' feeling but that was not a big deal. They want mama to carry them anyway :giggle:

Besides the procedure, it's very freeing to know I'm not pregnant every month. I am extremely fertile and having to use barriers plus abstain for long periods of time around ovulation was too much for us, when we knew we were not wanting anymore biological children. Taking out the option was the best option for our family.

momof3boys1girl 11-29-2012 11:06 PM

DH had one done

sandhillcranes 11-29-2012 11:15 PM

No regrets for anyone so far? Hmmm...me and dh have been talking about it. I think we should. We have one of each. I turned 30 this yr so my age is a non issue but I feel complete. The only thing that ever throws me, and this is gonna make me sound looney...when I have DD in a carrier on my back, I get this weird feeling like I am forgetting something. Kinda like when people are looking for their glasses and theyre on their face. Idk why it happens...doesnt seem to happen when she is in her crib but I wear her on my back everyday and Id say this feeling happens a couple times a wk. Its not even that I forget shes back there (Im really not that stupid, honest)..its just a weird feeling I cant describe.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum