Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community -

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - (
-   Pregnancy (
-   -   Positive induction stories (

babymakes3.4.5.... 11-30-2012 07:59 AM

Positive induction stories
Ok mamas, I'm sitting here waiting on the doctor to come start the pitocin to induce labor. This will be my 3rd induction, the 2nd with pitocin (the other one I didn't get past the cervadil and delivered in the postpartum room :giggle: ).The 1st induction with pitocin is not a happy memory for me, so I'm kind of anxious about this round. Anyone have positive induction stories to share? Please please please no comments on whether pitocin is good for you/baby, the use of pain meds, etc, I just need some positivity here!!!

hilaryisinked 11-30-2012 08:08 AM

Re: Positive induction stories
My first was not a good induction but my second was. The story is here.

Rockinmama24 11-30-2012 08:17 AM

My last 2 were pit inductions. Both went very well. The first, I delivered from 1cm in an hour and a half after the pit was started. The 2nd took 4 hours after the pit was started & I went in at almost 6cm! Go figure.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

KaleidoscopeEyes 11-30-2012 08:18 AM

Re: Positive induction stories
i had pre-e with ds1 and was induced at 36 weeks. hooked up to iv at 8 am, started having contractions at 12 pm, delivered at 4 pm. i had planned on going pain med free but ended up getting an epidural at 8 cm because the contractions were pretty intense

juliasmom 11-30-2012 08:35 AM

I have had 2 fast, easy inductions with pitocin. Both times I had no pain at all until 5-6 cm and the got an epidural. I took a nap after the epi and woke up and had the baby within an hour. Stay positive! Good luck!

my2sweets 11-30-2012 08:47 AM

Ive been induced 3xs. I went in at around 6:30, they put me in a room, started the pit, break my water a couple hrs later, I got an epi at some point, and out comes baby shortly after. Easy peasy. The 1st was almost 6hrs from the time they started the pit to delivery, dd1 was almost 4hrs, and dd2 was almost 7hrs(but the nurse turned off the pit when I got my epi and I nor dh noticed until 2hrs later :banghead:). I have my next induction on the books for the 14th :goodvibes:

Happy Mommax4 11-30-2012 08:49 AM

I've had three of four excellent inductions!! Try and relax, I'm sure you have good reasoning for it, be thinking of you and baby!

3princesses+1 11-30-2012 08:49 AM

Re: Positive induction stories
I've had 4 positive induction issues whatsoever. Stay positive and relax, it'll all be fine! I think we tend to only hear the negative instead of the many positives of any experience! Good luck mama!

Nerissa 11-30-2012 08:53 AM

Re: Positive induction stories
I have had one good induction and one very good induction.

DS1-- I walked in leaking water and was 4cm. Because he was only 35 weeks they didn't let me leave and sent me to the hospital. I had picotic and my water broke on its own very quickly. I progressed with the help of pitocin very quickly and since I was not prepared mentally for that and the pain and paniced which caused DS1 to have some issues. I got the IV drug and they turned the pitocin down so I could regroup wich stalled me out for a couple hours. As soon as they turned it back up he was born about 5 min later. All in all from water breaking to him being born was 3 hours, he was out in about 3 pushes.

With DD I knew what to expect and that once it got "bad" it would be over very quickly. I walked in to the inductin alraedy dialated to 4cm and -1 station. I was given pitocin and the dr, broke my water. She was born 2.5 hours later. It was really only 20 min of hard contractions (which I knew wouldn't last long so I didn't panic) and about 5 pushes. Water was broken at 9am and she was born at 11:30am. Wit her I was able to do it with out any pain meds.

YummiMummi77 11-30-2012 09:02 AM

I have one story. I was scheduled to be induced for both babies and with the first I arrived to the hospital and my labor started on its own :) so I didn't need it. With my second I was given pitocin at 10:30/11pm and had my DS at 1:30am. When I asked for the epidural they checked me i was 5cm. By the time she got to me 20 minutes and was sticking it in my back I was shaking trying to be still. The nurse checked to see how much I dilated after she was done. I was 10 cm already. The anesthesiologist was literally in the room while I was giving birth. At least I had a relaxing recovery when it kicked in :) good luck to you. I'm sure you'll get through it and have a beautiful healthy bundle.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.