Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Breast addict (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1468211)

oldmomma 11-30-2012 01:22 PM

Breast addict

DD2 is 14 months and my daycare provider is having a hard time soothing her at nap time and about an hour before I pick the girls up. Nana, the daycare provider, thinks she only wants the breast and wondered when we were going to wean. She is not ready, she is the addict and I am the enabler. She barely eats solids, better now that we have 2 teeth. I didn't know what to tell her. She doesn't take a passy and she gulps down a sippy at that time. So my question, any suggestions for Nanna to do to sooth her until the milkmaid comes because we are just not ready to wean.

mommy24babes 11-30-2012 01:34 PM

14 months is still so little!
I personally would say that it's none of her business when you wean.
As my DH and other family members discovered my breastfeeding relationships do not prevent them from forming their own ways of comforting our dks. They were so focused on what they "knew" they wanted and couldn't give them, it prevented them from finding other solutions.

She is just nursing to get what she needs and you as a good Mom are giving her what she needs.

cdeweese 11-30-2012 01:36 PM

Re: Breast addict

How long has she been at DC? There are other ways to soothe a baby. Why do you think our husbands do when we aren't home?

qsefthuko 11-30-2012 01:38 PM

Is she the only child there? If so I would suggest going for walks to get her to sleep.

c&w's mama 11-30-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy24babes (Post 15990203)
14 months is still so little!
I personally would say that it's none of her business when you wean.
As my DH and other family members discovered my breastfeeding relationships do not prevent them from forming their own ways of comforting our dks. They were so focused on what they "knew" they wanted and couldn't give them, it prevented them from finding other solutions.

She is just nursing to get what she needs and you as a good Mom are giving her what she needs.

Love this!!!
:thumbsup:

can you come to my daycare if I get lucky enough to have another one? ;)
they can't always hear me when I say things like this...

oldmomma 12-03-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdeweese (Post 15990213)
How long has she been at DC? There are other ways to soothe a baby. Why do you think our husbands do when we aren't home?

She had been in daycare since she was 8 weeks old. DD is at the stage where she is throwing herself around and that makes nanna nervous.

oldmomma 12-03-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qsefthuko (Post 15990220)
Is she the only child there? If so I would suggest going for walks to get her to sleep.

Unfortunately, no. She has up to 14 sometime.

oldmomma 12-03-2012 11:49 AM

:giggle:
Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy24babes (Post 15990203)

Thank You. That makes me feel better

tibeca 12-03-2012 12:00 PM

A good day care provider doesn't worry about what works for mom at home, but instead comes up with their own ways of soothing each child. Nursing is NOT part of the problem, but part of your solution.

I'm certain my DH does just fine with our 3 girls when I'm not there to nurse every time a baby needs it. He finds other ways to care for them and respect their needs.

cbreeding 12-03-2012 02:08 PM

I nurse into toddlerhood, and DH and my sister do not have a difficult time soothing my 14mth old unless DS is teething (going to sleep is particularly difficult), not feeling well, or if he is missing me after a few hours apart. When DS is like this, they will just hold him, rock him, rub his back, and just try to comfort him as best they can.

Hopefully it is just a phase and will pass. You definitely do not need to wean if you and/or DD are not ready.