Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Do you get migraines while pregnant? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1468242)

cowangel 11-30-2012 04:15 PM

Do you get migraines while pregnant?

So, do you get migraines while you are pregnant? If so, how do you treat them?

This is my 5th pregnancy (early on) and my migraines get significantly worse while I'm pregnant - I generally have a few a week and sometimes I get one that lasts a week or more...I use Tylonel 3 mostly to treat them, but I can only use it at bedtime b/c it makes me fall asleep...

lecialefty 11-30-2012 04:39 PM

Caffeine and sleep are what worked for me. Chiropractor helped some too.

The Fancy Pansy 11-30-2012 04:40 PM

Re: Do you get migraines while pregnant?

Regular old Tylenol and caffeine...be it a cup o' java or a coke. :hugs: I'm battling them a lot right now, too, since I'm not sleeping well (hip pain, etc)

dagmomma 11-30-2012 05:25 PM

YES!!! 1st trimester usually. I try yoga, water, and if that fails coffee. If that fails--tylenol.

I think I chiropractor would work great also.

But the yoga breathing and stretching really helps!

Mom2Connor 11-30-2012 08:07 PM

The only thing that helps mine during pregnancy is excedrin migraine. My OB has approved it both pregnancies to take since nothing else works on mine. I only get them when pregnant.

cdeweese 11-30-2012 08:20 PM

Do you take migraine meds? None of the above ever helped me. In fact, I just got out of the hospital yesterday thanks to my OB referring me to a neurologist instead of putting me back on my preventative. I use Propranolol for migraine prevention and Fiorcet for migraine relief. If you start to lose weight, have uncontrolled vomiting, etc. I would seriously consider prescription medication. My migraines knock me out, completely. They definitely are not something to be fooled around with.

crunchymamaNY 11-30-2012 11:01 PM

I had them really bad with my 4th child. I could barely function. I took tylenol on occasion, but at the time, I never thought about taking caffeine with it. This pregnancy is early right now, so I'll try that when my headaches get bad.

ingrid5699 12-01-2012 01:20 AM

Considering myself really lucky here-I usually get migraines while Oing and with AF (1-2 days before) but have NEVER had one while pregnant. It's one of my pretty definite early pregnancy signs-no AF migraine means pregnant for me.
Before you get too jealous the hyperemesis that I have with every pregnancy more than makes up for the lack of migraines :P

cowangel 12-02-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdeweese (Post 15991360)
Do you take migraine meds? None of the above ever helped me. In fact, I just got out of the hospital yesterday thanks to my OB referring me to a neurologist instead of putting me back on my preventative. I use Propranolol for migraine prevention and Fiorcet for migraine relief. If you start to lose weight, have uncontrolled vomiting, etc. I would seriously consider prescription medication. My migraines knock me out, completely. They definitely are not something to be fooled around with.

I have wanted to but i have been either pregnant or nursing for most of the last 7 years...hoq did u get them to let you use the migrainesmeds while pregnant?

bluecandi 12-02-2012 12:17 PM

I was on topamax for migraines when I found out I was pregnant (Category D....eep!!) With both previous pregnancies I got migraines constrantly from week 4 to 14, then nothing til lo weans. At the moment, I am on day 4 of another migraine. My neuro prescribed lamictal as preventative and midrin to treat when I do get them. I am scared to take the lamictal til I get an all's well from the Topamax, and the midrin isnt working. So Ive been taking exedrin during the day and some old tylenol 3s at night. Hope I don smoke my liver with all this tylenol!!