Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I never thought I would say this! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1468333)

magn1jes 11-30-2012 08:57 PM

I never thought I would say this!

But I want to get my period (or at least ovulate)!! I have been nursing my DS for 18 months and have yet to ovulate (at least I don't think so) or get my period. I would like to start trying for baby #2 but it isn't exactly practical when I don't have a cycle to monitor. I have considered weaning, and have been trying to cut down on how often DS nurses but I don't want to "force" him to do it if he isn't quite ready. Any suggestions? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

HeatherlovesCDs 12-01-2012 06:02 AM

Re: I never thought I would say this!

I have no advice, but I would gladly trade with you. I'm 7wks pp and my cycle just started yesterday. Mine comes back early (except for once). I hate it. I don't need my period. We can't get pregnant without IVF and all it does is remind me of that and makes me hope where there is no hope. :banghead:

Good luck getting it to come back.

crunchymom2b 12-01-2012 06:24 AM

You can still try :winkeye: Seriously, there's a good chance you'll ovulate before getting your first PPAF so it won't hurt to try now anyways. After finally getting to experience nursing I don't think I'd ever wean just to TTC, but who knows how I'd feel after 18 months of it! But you could try to space things out or drop a feeding or two to see if it helps? A healthy nursing relationship is only when mom and baby are happy with it. If you don't want to wean I would just try to space things out further and go from there! Otherwise, I'm sure AF will be here before you know it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs (Post 15992344)
I have no advice, but I would gladly trade with you. I'm 7wks pp and my cycle just started yesterday. Mine comes back early (except for once). I hate it. I don't need my period. We can't get pregnant without IVF and all it does is remind me of that and makes me hope where there is no hope. :banghead:

I hate you have to deal with that :hugs: Are you against hormonal BCP to keep your period away? Though I'm sure with IVF you're tired of hormones. I just couldn't imagine mama.

Katie Mae 12-03-2012 07:54 AM

We are in the same boat. (Except we want to TTC #3). I half heartedly tried to night wean before Thanksgiving, but I'm just to lazy or tired or both in the night to do anything other than nurse to get him back to sleep. Good luck to you guys!

sweetppolly 12-17-2012 08:50 PM

I am glad you posted this thread. My son is sixteen months and this is longest that I have gone without a cycle. I was starting to wonder if I was going through early menopause, lol.

Meredith+2 12-18-2012 09:04 AM

Mine stayed gone for over 2 years after each of my older two, and I had no problem getting knocked up as soon as it came back.

FWIR, an abrupt break in nursing, even just one day, is more likely to start your period than a gradual change. Nightweaning triggers it in a lot of people.

ecbcmomma 12-19-2012 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs (Post 15992344)

:hugs: mine comes at 4weeks pp every time! It stinks...

BlessedMommy4 12-27-2012 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magn1jes (Post 15991714)
But I want to get my period (or at least ovulate)!! I have been nursing my DS for 18 months and have yet to ovulate (at least I don't think so) or get my period. I would like to start trying for baby #2 but it isn't exactly practical when I don't have a cycle to monitor. I have considered weaning, and have been trying to cut down on how often DS nurses but I don't want to "force" him to do it if he isn't quite ready. Any suggestions? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

The same happened to me. I felt that it was my body's way of letting me know when it was ready for another pregnancy. Once we were open to the idea of another lo, we neither ttc or tta. Once my period did return, it took 3 or 4 cycles and then I was pregnant. But, as I said I wasn't monitoring.

Our bodies are amazing at knowing what we need. I would enjoy this time with your lo and try not too rush either of you. My period returned at around 18 mths each time, so maybe it's just around the corner for you. ;)

rhodesestrada 01-05-2013 11:25 AM

I am surprised nursing can hold AF at bay that long. Of course ovulation can still happen so a surprise could always be in store.