Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In July (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Needing some reassurance (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1468356)

bonusround 11-30-2012 10:35 PM

Needing some reassurance

Hey ladies! I have 4 year old twins conceived via IVF, but I have found myself surprise pregnant with baby #3. DP and I are sooooo thrilled because of all of my issues (tubal, pcos, luteal phase defect, hostile CM, etc) we never thought this was even remotely possible.

The only problem is that I have only ever been IVF/high risk pregnant before. We had an ultrasound this past Tuesday and saw the gs and ys but no fetal pole or heartbeat for sure... Tech estimated we were around 5w6d or so. Since I am not regular, we arent sure on dating.

How are everyone else's ultrasounds going? We have a repeat on Monday, Dec 3.

3 ladybugs 12-01-2012 05:36 AM

Re: Needing some reassurance

http://www.ourunplannedlife.com Here is my ultrasound from yesterday. I was 5 weeks 1 day according to dates (FET). No yolk sack, just a sack. They thought everything seemed normal because it is still early and my beta is still going up (boy is it every, I am sicker this morning then I have been!). I go back on the 10th for heartrate scan.

This is my son at an older gestation (by 2 days). http://www.ourunplannedlife.com/2008...k-from-re.html

So I think everything is normal!

Good luck!

themrshunt 12-01-2012 07:17 AM

Congratulations!! What a wonderful surprise. Which my DS we struggled some (did not end up having to do IVF but it felt like forever) and so when we found out i was pregnant this time not even trying it was exciting to be sure, yesterday we just found out we are having twins so it is even more of a surprise.
Sounds like you are right on track. I know it is very hard not to worry but I hope that you can find peace knowing you saw the right things for how far along you are. Good luck and I hope you have a great easy pregnancy!! Welcome to our group.

snugglesnsunshine 12-01-2012 11:41 AM

I personally think doctors should wait until they know for sure a mama is at least 6 weeks. I haven't seen one person yet not freak out when they have one before 6 weeks and the hb can't be seen yet. Just puts too much stress on you. I bet you'll see baby and hb next time. Think happy thoughts.

swrlgrl105 12-05-2012 09:38 AM

Not to crash the thread, but speaking of heartbeats... i had a Froxen Embryo transfer... a 5 day blast. so by that info I should be 6w3d. Just had my ultrasound, and baby is measuring 6 weeks exactly but they couldnt see a heartbeat :( Im freaking out and worried.. waiting to get my lab results back to hopefully see my levels are going up the way they should be

3 ladybugs 12-05-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swrlgrl105 (Post 16008271)
Not to crash the thread, but speaking of heartbeats... i had a Froxen Embryo transfer... a 5 day blast. so by that info I should be 6w3d. Just had my ultrasound, and baby is measuring 6 weeks exactly but they couldnt see a heartbeat :( Im freaking out and worried.. waiting to get my lab results back to hopefully see my levels are going up the way they should be

Yikes! I hope everything is okay! :hugs: I will have to remember this when I have my ultrasound next week at 6w4d. Please keep us posted!

tinytushi 12-05-2012 10:51 AM

Please don't worry. I was very sure of my dates and had an U/S done at 6 weeks 4 days and had AN EMPTY SACK. No yolk sac, nothing. Dr. said it was probably another blighted ovum. Went back 5 days later and had a beautiful yolk sac and baby with heart beat. Please don't stress yet! Also, the gestational sac was measuring 6 weeks 1 day instead of the 6weeks 4 days. A week later it measured right on track and then at 12 weeks baby measured almost a full week larger. Please try not to worry to much as that is not good for you or baby.

swrlgrl105 12-05-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs (Post 16008579)
Yikes! I hope everything is okay! :hugs: I will have to remember this when I have my ultrasound next week at 6w4d. Please keep us posted!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinytushi (Post 16008612)
Please don't worry. I was very sure of my dates and had an U/S done at 6 weeks 4 days and had AN EMPTY SACK. No yolk sac, nothing. Dr. said it was probably another blighted ovum. Went back 5 days later and had a beautiful yolk sac and baby with heart beat. Please don't stress yet! Also, the gestational sac was measuring 6 weeks 1 day instead of the 6weeks 4 days. A week later it measured right on track and then at 12 weeks baby measured almost a full week larger. Please try not to worry to much as that is not good for you or baby.

Thank you, that does make me feel better. I have an update. The RE's just called back with lab results. Beta ia 9708 and progesterone is 10. They were pleased with my numbers and said they were where they should be. She said its 50/50 at this stage for a heart beat and to not worry too much, they see it ALL the time. I have another u/s on Tueday the 11th and she said if we dotn see a heartbeat then, then we have a problem, but she said if I were to go back tomorrow its possible to be there.

So Im trying REALLY hard to not still worry too much and panic, but Im still worried the baby isnt ok :( I am thankful for good labs though. I will keep you posted

3 ladybugs 12-05-2012 03:04 PM

I was thinking about you and thought maybe you have twins. I know it could be a long shot but if that was the case, you wouldn't be seeing a heartbeat yet. :hugs:

swrlgrl105 12-06-2012 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs (Post 16009686)
I was thinking about you and thought maybe you have twins. I know it could be a long shot but if that was the case, you wouldn't be seeing a heartbeat yet. :hugs:

thanks :) If they are twins it would have to be identicals and one would have had to been hiding. I dont love the fact the baby measured 3 days behind when i know exactly how far along I am, but maybe it was a late implanter. Can that still happen with a FET? Im not so concerned about that as I am they usually see one by now... BUT I keep telling myself that if it WAS a late implanter and is truely ok and measuring 6 weeks for real, then its not a huge deal to not see it yet right?

Tuesday cant come fast enough so I can hopefully get some peace of mind, yet on the other hand Im terrified Im going to go and be devestated. But, the good labs are a good sign, still have sore boobs, and a little neasuea here and there.