Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Grumpy threes? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1468405)

mrosehughes 12-01-2012 09:29 AM

Grumpy threes?

Terrible twos and f'in fours, right? WTH are threes? DS (3 and 1 month) has been a total grouchy, hitty, whiney PITA lately. I just don't understand what's going on. He has such a good vocabulary and speaks so well, but he told me this morning 'I don't like to use words when I'm angry, mommy, I just like to hit!' He woke up in a grouchy mood because he said 'Kim ate all our snack,' (Kim is one of his teachers at daycare/preschool). I could not convince him otherwise, or that there was plenty to eat downstairs. Now he's sulking in his room (his choice). Gah. Every time we make it through a phase I think the next one will be easier; noob parent problem I guess :)

(I'm really just venting here, btw).

doulamomma 12-01-2012 09:37 AM

Threes have been worse than twos in our house

Sent from my droid

jbug_4 12-01-2012 09:46 AM

Re: Grumpy threes?

Yeppers. 3's worse than 2's for dd, but we didn't really get crazy until 4 and now kindergarten attitude. I don't think it ends until they are in their mid 20's. If ds follows the same suit we're in serious trouble- his twos so far (he's only been 2 for less than 2 months) have been a joy- NOT. My little sweetie has turned into a walking, gibberish talking monster thing that occasionally lets my little sweetie out for a hug. Put the kindergarten attitude (mostly thanks to a classmate with teenage siblings) and ds interpurtation of the terrible 2's and we get mommy somewhere between :brat: and :hairpull: . Or maybe its :lostit: and :reaction:

mrosehughes 12-01-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbug_4
little sweetie has turned into a walking, gibberish talking monster thing that occasionally lets my little sweetie out for a hug.

Yes! At least I'm not the only one :giggle;

mcpforever 12-01-2012 10:27 AM

It's the year of whine for the kiddo and wine for us. :giggle: All of mine were soooo whiney at 3. It was like a little switch flipped and they could no longer talk, only whine about everything. And nothing seemed to go their way and had to be lamented.

Arabesque 12-01-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcpforever
It's the year of whine for the kiddo and wine for us. :giggle: All of mine were soooo whiney at 3. It was like a little switch flipped and they could no longer talk, only whine about everything. And nothing seemed to go their way and had to be lamented.

That's what it's like in our house too. DS whines about everything. Everything is an argument too, even if I agree to his request. I did find something that works for the anger though; I just ask him if he's angry, and tell him it's okay to be angry, but its not okay to hit, kick, etc. He usually gets over his anger pretty quick at that point.

wordmama 12-01-2012 01:26 PM

We call them the "trying threes" in our house.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Mommy/4boys 12-01-2012 02:16 PM

I think 3s are worse than 2s too. I think the fact that they have the ability to talk is what makes it worse.

kimb96 12-01-2012 04:17 PM

I hated 3. I don't know why 2 is called terrible. Compared to 3, 2 was like sipping a cup of valium laced chamomile tea.

kgmom 12-01-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimb96
I hated 3. I don't know why 2 is called terrible. Compared to 3, 2 was like sipping a cup of valium laced chamomile tea.

This!
3 takes the 2 year old tantruming and ramps it up with a whole lot of defiant attitude.
My oldest was such a pleasant 2 year old but a terrible 3.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum