Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Moms of Many or Multiples (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Super Nosey Family Members (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1468501)

TripleMbride 12-01-2012 02:18 PM

Super Nosey Family Members

anyone elses family care more about their family planning than they should? I have family members who make sure to slip in super rude or sly remarks about how "thank god were done having kids" or "thats the last thing yall need is another kid" or "better get dh fixed" or "when are you going to go on birth control"

so annoying

qsefthuko 12-01-2012 02:29 PM

Re: Super Nosey Family Members

My mother does. She is strongly against our having more kids. I just ignore her or better yet make a point of telling her often how I still want another child. She eventually got the point and now doesn't say anything.

TripleMbride 12-01-2012 07:33 PM

I feel like I have to keep our future baby plans a secret or we will be criticized constantly by them...just crazy

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

SaraElise 12-03-2012 03:40 PM

Yep, but the other way around which I think can be just as annoying! My IL's have 10 children, so they are constantly asking us when we are having another baby, our newest could be 3 weeks old and they would still be asking when the next one is coming, or if I am pregnant yet.

I'm all for big families, but I feel like it's no one's business but ours how many we have or how close together they are. There is A LOT more to talk about than our reproductive habits, and sometimes I feel like that is the only conversation that comes up regularly.

I was very hurt when we were trying for another baby and not getting pregnant, and my FIL would make comments about how it was time for another baby already (DD was about 15 months old)

TripleMbride 12-03-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaraElise
Yep, but the other way around which I think can be just as annoying! My IL's have 10 children, so they are constantly asking us when we are having another baby, our newest could be 3 weeks old and they would still be asking when the next one is coming, or if I am pregnant yet.

I'm all for big families, but I feel like it's no one's business but ours how many we have or how close together they are. There is A LOT more to talk about than our reproductive habits, and sometimes I feel like that is the only conversation that comes up regularly.

I was very hurt when we were trying for another baby and not getting pregnant, and my FIL would make comments about how it was time for another baby already (DD was about 15 months old)

My gosh that is annoying. And I agree with you totally!

nicolemariep 12-04-2012 12:42 PM

We don't even have that many kids (I'm currently very pregnant with our 3rd), and we still get comments all of the time from family members who think you apparently should only have 1 or maybe 2 kids. My favorite is when relatives ask "You know how that happens, right?" my DH has started replying "yes, fertility drugs are how this happens." We are secretive about needing fertility drugs, but we are overly forthcoming about it either, so it tends to shut people up. My DH is usually very mild tempered and hard to irritate, so the 1st time he said it to someone, I thought I was going to die laughing.

kharvey92611 12-04-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleMbride
anyone elses family care more about their family planning than they should? I have family members who make sure to slip in super rude or sly remarks about how "thank god were done having kids" or "thats the last thing yall need is another kid" or "better get dh fixed" or "when are you going to go on birth control"

so annoying

Yep ! Currently expecting baby #3 in August and we don't plan on telling my in laws until I'm at least 12 weeks + I'm sure they'll have plenty to say as they did with my previous pregnancy . Oh and not to mention the fact that we are considering a home birth , that'll be icing on the cake for them .

christina2babyboys 12-05-2012 07:07 AM

Yeah... been there done that. Some of our family are nosey and the rest are super-nosey! LOL! All that matters is what God thinks of you! ((HUGS))

Mamatoabunch 12-05-2012 09:22 AM

Yes, BTDT, but if you keep having babies, eventually they are likely to stop. What can they say after 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, LOL.

TripleMbride 12-05-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch
Yes, BTDT, but if you keep having babies, eventually they are likely to stop. What can they say after 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, LOL.

Right!!