Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   im just ready to bang my head on the wall (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1468557)

faiths13 12-01-2012 06:56 PM

im just ready to bang my head on the wall

my ds is 3 now and i just cant find anything that fits him. i was trying to make flips and flats work, but the mediums are kinda snug and the large is way to big. i started stretching the flips on the medium setting and was making them work, but then they just started leaving bad red marks on him. and sores. but the large setting just sags and gaps at the legs and hangs down like its going to fall off. no matter what it looks like when i first put it on. i have tried other covers, nothing fits much better. i am do not want to try anything else. any suggestions to make this work? im thinking of going to sposies and I REALLY DONT WANT TOO! help!!

tomandkara 12-01-2012 07:14 PM

Re: im just ready to bang my head on the wall

Have you tried fleece or wool soakers with flats? They might have more adjustability than a PUL cover.

me_just_me 12-01-2012 07:20 PM

Do you think new Flips would work? I found that after using Flips on my kids on the Medium setting for a long time that they were just way too stretched out to ever use on the large setting. Especially if you were trying to stretch them out!

If you want, I could measure one of my new ones so you could see if a new one's elastic is a lot shorter than your used one. A new one may be much more snug!

faiths13 12-01-2012 07:48 PM

i got some new flips. they actually fit better but they are leaving marks and sores on his legs. : (
I am padfolding, and I cant do snappied on flats because they arent absorbent enough.

dannic 12-01-2012 07:55 PM

have you tried softbums? I have sort of followed your saga, but cannot recall every thing you have tried...

BeccaSueCongdon 12-01-2012 07:56 PM

I like Capri covers, they're similar to flits but have more room to grow and they have offset snaps so you can get a more tailored fit.

faiths13 12-01-2012 08:01 PM

i was hoping to figure out how to make what i work have somehow. i cant afford to buy anything else. and i have already tried softbums and capri. i have tried pretty much EVERYTHING

mariamommy 12-01-2012 08:13 PM

Frustrating! I don't remember if you have tried the bummis super brite medium yet...

Can you add a doubler to thicken up the flat so it fills out the large flip setting? Or fan it out to "fill up" the flaps for a more spread out fit? Are your flips snap or h&l?

me_just_me 12-01-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faiths13 (Post 15994812)
i got some new flips. they actually fit better but they are leaving marks and sores on his legs. : (
I am padfolding, and I cant do snappied on flats because they arent absorbent enough.

Are they leaving marks on the Large setting? Or did you get new Flips and use them again on the Medium setting? Did you try the new ones on the Large setting?

Sorry, for so many questions, just trying to figure out what you've tried!

If the new ones fit okay around the legs on the Large setting, but seem too baggy through the crotch, have you tried unsnapping the rise snaps, but then only snapping the center snap to make the diaper bigger in the legs, but a shorter rise? I've done this and it worked for us!

mariamommy 12-01-2012 08:31 PM

A new thought.

How about taking a snap press or pliers and adding a row of rise snaps between the medium and large settings? That would provide a bit more length than the medium and not as big as the cover is all the way unsnapped.

I am sure someone could do this for you.