Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Introductions!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1468632)

AleahDeann 12-02-2012 12:47 AM

Introductions!!

I was really enjoying all the extra info some of you were posting in the DD sticky, but feel it would be better info to share here and be able to say a little more. :) So lets tell each other about us!

I have been married to my best friend since 2004, he is a Navy Corpsman in the Reserves. We tried for 4 years to get DS1, We had been tested and were gearing up to do IUI when I discovered I was pregnant. We were over the moon excited!! Because DS1 took so long for us to conceive we decided we would go the NTNP route and let it happen if it happened, we really thought DS1 was going to never get a sibling. Surprisingly when he was 6 months old we conceived DS2 :) We were so thrilled!!! We learned that we LOVED their age gap, 15 months, they love each other and have some of the greatest interactions. When DS2 was 8 months we decided we would actively start trying when he was 9 months old. Well we didnt make it that far, DS3 was conceived a month before we started trying. Now realizing we were going to be blessed with many children we were over joyed. DS3 turned 6 months old on November 16th and we decided we were going to try for another one. First month of trying and a little bean stuck. :lostit:

We are again just over joyed to be expecting #4, we are hoping for a girl, I changed my bodies PH balance to favor female sperm so we will see if that worked. :D

On other notes, I am a SAHM but do some photography on the side. I also make diaper covers and other baby items. I enjoy sewing and crafting but most of all I enjoy my kids, my family.

I also have 7 Siberian Huskies :)

blessedwifenmama 12-02-2012 01:47 PM

Re: Introductions!!

Aww, what a sweet story! Amazing how you went through 4 years of infertility before suddenly becoming super fertile!

Hubby and I met in college in 2005 and got married in 2008, after graduating. After about a year or so we decided to stop TTA and were kind of halfheartedly TTC/ NTNP for a few months until we conceived our son, who was born in October 2010. We had hoped to space our kids a little more closely, but DH's job became unstable and he was eventually laid off, and when he found a new job he didn't get insurance for several months. Our first month of TTC I got pregnant, but we lost that one very early, and then I got pregnant again right away. My instincts are feeling good about this pregnancy, though, so I'm not as worried as I thought I would be about losing this baby.

momto2princesses 12-03-2012 10:22 AM

Hey all! So excited to be here and praying I get to stay.

I've been married to my husband since 2005. Our first daughter was born in 2007 and our second in 2010. We decided we wanted a third over a year ago...tried for one month and then I got CMV and ended up in the hospital so we stopped trying for while. We finally got pregnant in June, but lost that baby at 9 weeks. I had another loss (either a chemical pregnancy or ectopic that didn't develop properly) on Halloween. We were trying to avoid this month, but here we are :-) My beta at 12dpo was 27, which my ob says is perfectly fine for being so early and I had a repeat beta this morning. Fx that it goes up a TON!

crunchymamaNY 12-03-2012 09:01 PM

Hi! I'm Sherrity and I've been married 14 years now. I have 4 beautiful children ages 13, 11, 7, and 2.5. I'm going to school full time to become a nurse, but I'm also branching into more opportunities while being in school, so my class load is full.

I didn't expect to get pregnant. Although I really wanted another baby super bad, DH said "no more kids". Well, its too late! LOL! Anyway, My 3rd baby was a 36 week preterm baby, and so was my fourth. Before conceiving my fourth blessing, I had an early miscarriage. Also, in Jan 2012, I had an early mc again. This time when I got pregnant, I asked for progesterone testing and sure enough, my levels are pretty low at a 4.7. I can't afford the gel prescribed to me (a whopping $740 a month!) so I'm taking natural progesterone that cost $34 instead. I'm praying for my rainbow baby. I want this one to survive!

I had a dream it was a girl. I have 2 boys and 2 girls, so either way works for me. Heck twins would be great too! LOL!

I love kids. My husband doesn't know yet about the pregnancy, but I think I'll tell him by the weekend. I was going to wait until after the new year, but because there is a chance I may miscarry, I really need his support. I'll have bloodwork done again on Friday to see if my levels are rising well.

My first appointment with the midwife isn't until Jan 2. It seems forever and a half away! I have so many concerns and questions especially with 2 miscarriages and 2 preterm babies.

More about me? Well, I love to sew and crochet on my limited down time. I do housekeeping for someone for a little extra cash. And yes, full time school, four kids, 1 on the way, and yes, I do still breastfeed although I'm hoping to end that in a few weeks to increase my levels of progesterone as well as decreasing my risk of preterm delivery. I love taking nature walks, gardening, hiking, and anything do do with being natural. And yes, I of course cloth diaper LOL!

My family is expecting to move early in the summer, and that scares me because it runs into me being very pregnant, or having a newborn. We are trying to buy a house soon, as we live in an apartment and currently cannot do any of the things we love to do (like gardening, nature walks, hang clothing outside, etc). Anytime my family makes noise, the neighbors pound on the walls, and yet, they can listen to hard rock and let it pound through the walls. I can't wait to get out of here.

Fun facts: I knew my husband since we were 4. We even went to Kindergarten together, and graduated in the same class. Funny thing is that I thought he was too goofy in school, and I never considered dating him....that is until I was in college and didn't have a date to a dance. A mutual friend hooked us up and we were inseparable since! We started dating in March, and were married by November, and got pregnant two months after that! LOL!

AleahDeann 12-05-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blessedwifenmama (Post 15996807)
Aww, what a sweet story! Amazing how you went through 4 years of infertility before suddenly becoming super fertile!

Hubby and I met in college in 2005 and got married in 2008, after graduating. After about a year or so we decided to stop TTA and were kind of halfheartedly TTC/ NTNP for a few months until we conceived our son, who was born in October 2010. We had hoped to space our kids a little more closely, but DH's job became unstable and he was eventually laid off, and when he found a new job he didn't get insurance for several months. Our first month of TTC I got pregnant, but we lost that one very early, and then I got pregnant again right away. My instincts are feeling good about this pregnancy, though, so I'm not as worried as I thought I would be about losing this baby.

Sticky baby dust for you!

AleahDeann 12-05-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momto2princesses (Post 15999750)
Hey all! So excited to be here and praying I get to stay.

I've been married to my husband since 2005. Our first daughter was born in 2007 and our second in 2010. We decided we wanted a third over a year ago...tried for one month and then I got CMV and ended up in the hospital so we stopped trying for while. We finally got pregnant in June, but lost that baby at 9 weeks. I had another loss (either a chemical pregnancy or ectopic that didn't develop properly) on Halloween. We were trying to avoid this month, but here we are :-) My beta at 12dpo was 27, which my ob says is perfectly fine for being so early and I had a repeat beta this morning. Fx that it goes up a TON!

Sticky baby dust for you too!!!

AleahDeann 12-05-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunchymamaNY (Post 16002520)
Hi! I'm Sherrity and I've been married 14 years now. I have 4 beautiful children ages 13, 11, 7, and 2.5. I'm going to school full time to become a nurse, but I'm also branching into more opportunities while being in school, so my class load is full.

I didn't expect to get pregnant. Although I really wanted another baby super bad, DH said "no more kids". Well, its too late! LOL! Anyway, My 3rd baby was a 36 week preterm baby, and so was my fourth. Before conceiving my fourth blessing, I had an early miscarriage. Also, in Jan 2012, I had an early mc again. This time when I got pregnant, I asked for progesterone testing and sure enough, my levels are pretty low at a 4.7. I can't afford the gel prescribed to me (a whopping $740 a month!) so I'm taking natural progesterone that cost $34 instead. I'm praying for my rainbow baby. I want this one to survive!

I had a dream it was a girl. I have 2 boys and 2 girls, so either way works for me. Heck twins would be great too! LOL!

I love kids. My husband doesn't know yet about the pregnancy, but I think I'll tell him by the weekend. I was going to wait until after the new year, but because there is a chance I may miscarry, I really need his support. I'll have bloodwork done again on Friday to see if my levels are rising well.

My first appointment with the midwife isn't until Jan 2. It seems forever and a half away! I have so many concerns and questions especially with 2 miscarriages and 2 preterm babies.

More about me? Well, I love to sew and crochet on my limited down time. I do housekeeping for someone for a little extra cash. And yes, full time school, four kids, 1 on the way, and yes, I do still breastfeed although I'm hoping to end that in a few weeks to increase my levels of progesterone as well as decreasing my risk of preterm delivery. I love taking nature walks, gardening, hiking, and anything do do with being natural. And yes, I of course cloth diaper LOL!

My family is expecting to move early in the summer, and that scares me because it runs into me being very pregnant, or having a newborn. We are trying to buy a house soon, as we live in an apartment and currently cannot do any of the things we love to do (like gardening, nature walks, hang clothing outside, etc). Anytime my family makes noise, the neighbors pound on the walls, and yet, they can listen to hard rock and let it pound through the walls. I can't wait to get out of here.

Fun facts: I knew my husband since we were 4. We even went to Kindergarten together, and graduated in the same class. Funny thing is that I thought he was too goofy in school, and I never considered dating him....that is until I was in college and didn't have a date to a dance. A mutual friend hooked us up and we were inseparable since! We started dating in March, and were married by November, and got pregnant two months after that! LOL!

What fun information!! Hope your move happens soon and you dong get to stressed over it. We sound similar in our likes!

lynn97 12-05-2012 11:09 PM

Hello! DH and I have been married for 4 years. We have one DS who is 17 months old. It took us 8 cycles to get him. We found out that I had several fibroids when I was pregnant with him but they caused no issues during the pregnancy. After I delivered him (full term), I had several hemorrhages and later had to have a d&c and one of the fibroids removed. I pray I don't have any of those issues again. The fibroid that they removed was very large and my doctors couldn't believe I was able to get pregnant the first time. DH and I were NTNP this time and I got a BFP 6 weeks after throwing caution to the wind! I can't believe how quickly it happened but i pray that all is well. I am also really wanting a little girl, although a healthy baby is obviously most important. I don't see my doctor until Jan 2, which feels like forever!

I hope we all have sticky babies and I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you better :-)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

wmjmama 12-06-2012 01:13 PM

Hi! I'm 27 and DH and have been married since March 2007. In July 2008, we found out we were unexpectedly pregnant with our DS. It was a surprise, but both of us were thrilled! He was born via emergency c/s in March 2009. I quit my job teaching to SAHM with him and later started a photography business. Because he was a surprise blessing, we decided to wait a few years before trying so money wouldn't be so much of an issue.

This past May we started trying for baby #2. We conceived in August and September, but unfortunately lost both of those babies at 4w3d and 3w5d. On Thanksgiving I found out we were pregnant again and though I've been incredibly nervous this time around, I'm starting to relax a little. I can't wait to meet this little one in August!

KCmomma 12-08-2012 07:29 AM

Hi all! DH and I are both 29 and have been married going on 8 years. We have a boy and a girl and have always wanted a large family. My DH ended up having an affair, which I thought meant no large family. I went on the depo shot because I didn't think we would ever get to the place where I trusted DH enough to bring another child into the world. However, through lots of therapy and hard work we have rebuilt our relationship and it is actually more open, honest, and loving than any relationship I have ever had. So we agreed to try for more. I went off the depo shot 11/11 but by 07/12 I still hadn't had a cycle so off to the OB I went and he put me on provera/clomid.
We just told our kids last night and I am just so happy. They are constantly asking how big the baby is and if they can feel it. DS is so cute- everything he does he stops and tries to include the baby. "Let's decorate the tree, but mommy we need to make special ornaments for the baby." "I want to go out and play. Oh wait let me kiss the baby bye." "Mommy can I kiss the baby goodnight?"