Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Chat Thread ~ Dec 2nd-8th (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1468845)

canadianbakers 12-02-2012 07:40 PM

Chat Thread ~ Dec 2nd-8th

:) Sorry I'm late with this today - busy weekend!

canadianbakers 12-02-2012 08:05 PM

Re: Chat Thread ~ Dec 2nd-8th

from last weeks' thread :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange (Post 15992742)
I realize that the issue isn't completely a lack of friends... More like everyone is a parent, so getting 'away' isn't easy like it used to be. Ah well. Add to that most everyone I know is a wife, mother AND student and I really don't know how these women have time for anything.

Baby is kicking in a new spot. Not as low, but can't be high enough to be head down. No weird belly shapes for sideways. Maybe baby is just punching instead of kicking :) I think DD punched more than kicked.

It is hard when your friends are parents too - although I think it's hard when they're not as well, cuz they (usually) don't understand what having kids is really like in terms of going out. Do you get together with your friends and their kids for play dates or play groups?

Sounds like baby is transverse - at this point they're still small enough that being transverse likely wouldn't make for any weird belly shapes, like it would later on when baby is bigger.
My babies tend to be transverse until about 24-26 weeks, and then have all turned head down... except DS2.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange (Post 15993835)
you know you're a mom when grocery shopping alone is a vacation and family vacation is like working overtime

:giggle: So true!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelseyH (Post 15994375)
DS is sick. :( DH let him run around without a coat on after Bible study on Thursday (hello, GERM CENTRAL) and I told him to put a jacket on, but nooooo... It took DS a long time to warm up after they came inside (it wasn't freezing outside, but it was cool and DS is just a little guy!) and sure enough, Friday around lunch time DS was a snotty, miserable mess.
Got some quotes for our bathroom reno!!
Baby is moving a lot. :) I still have people chastising me about not showing enough :P starting to wonder if maybe I have a slightly tilted uterus?? My mom's is tilted and she never showed before 6-7 months with all three kids.

Sorry your DS and DH are sick - although, to be fair to him, I really don't believe that being cold outside will make you sick. Sounds like you guys just happened to pick up a bug somewhere last week. :crossfingers: it doesn't last long for either of them!
:thumbsup: for the bath reno - and good luck!

:headscratch: How in the world, or rather why, would anyone chastise you for not showing "enough"? There is no "enough" - every body is different, some mamas show early, some never show at all! And there's nothing you can do about it either way! Goodness, people are dumb at times. A tilted uterus could definitely account for it, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelseyH (Post 15995664)
I know!!! Luckily my friend who has two boys just had a baby girl. She's only a couple months old, so if I see something I just *have* to have, I can buy it for her.

:) I did the same with my friend's DD (she's a day older than my DS2).

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt (Post 15996395)
I don't know if its just from being sick, I ate this morning so I don't think it would be that. It was scary. :blush:

Sounds like normal pregnancy low blood sugar - I always carry around some trail mix or some other quick "pick me up" in the diaper bag. Trail mix is a good choice, though, because it's got some craisens and raisens (which gives a quick sugar boost) and also nuts (which gives protein to help keep sugar levels... well, level for longer).

Quote:

Originally Posted by dagmomma (Post 15996973)
AFM--we went car shopping yesterday and got half the battle done--getting dh into the dealership. But can I just say the dealership is:banghead: worse than a root canal!!!!

After the long drive back kids were sleeping and we put them to bed and I suddenly felt extremely sick. Thought it may be morning sickness and then the gates opened and I vomitted!!!:yuck: I guess I got what dd had. Still hoping it is just morning sickness bc otherwise we will have 3 more sick people soon. I feel achy and sluggish today but no fever. So I am hoping to just get through.

Good luck with all the car stuff! Sorry about the :puke:! That really stinks. :crossfingers: it was just a fluke m/s hit, or, if it is a bug you caught, that it doesn't last long.

AFM: OMGoodness, so tired! It was such a busy weekend - but a good one.
In total (4 shows) 1029 people came through Bethlehem Live :) The shows went well, the kids were pretty good. Zech got to his karate stuff just fine and did well - thanks to Grandpa! And Levi had a good day with Grandma and Grandpa on Saturday :phew:
Today we made it (late :banghead:) to church, went for lunch with our good friends, bought our Christmas tree (!!!), and spent the rest of the day at DH's parents house, just sitting around visiting. DH, MIL, and DD did go out at one point to pick out MIL's tree too :)
We've got the tree on the top of the van still, so we'll get it inside and set up tomorrow, decorate it sometime in the next few days (like to give it a day or so for the branches to relax). And we're going to DH's colony on Wednesday to see Fred Penner :) I'm excited! The kids are all "who's fred penner?" :giggle:

EmilytheStrange 12-02-2012 08:25 PM

I think that's funny.. being chastised for not showing enough... lol - like we have any control over that.

you know, I might have a tilted uterus as well.. they told me at my last pap that I had a tilted something.. and tilted vagina gets pretty much no google results, so I'm thinking uterus. lol. maybe that's reason #2 that I don't show very much until they end.

I know some people still think that you're not a healthy preggo unless you're eating for 4 people and waddling around by 20 weeks. :) ah well, what can you do....

mibarra 12-02-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange (Post 15998039)
I think that's funny.. being chastised for not showing enough... lol - like we have any control over that.

you know, I might have a tilted uterus as well.. they told me at my last pap that I had a tilted something.. and tilted vagina gets pretty much no google results, so I'm thinking uterus. lol. maybe that's reason #2 that I don't show very much until they end.

I know some people still think that you're not a healthy preggo unless you're eating for 4 people and waddling around by 20 weeks. :) ah well, what can you do....

You're in trouble either way. You're either not showing enough or you're so big you just MUST be having twins. :P So annoying. I have 2 friends with long torsos and they were smaller at delivery than I am now! Another who's on her 1st baby due 2 weeks later and half as big. It's just so variable, I wish people would keep their opinions to themselves! :)

KelseyH 12-02-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianbakers

Sorry your DS and DH are sick - although, to be fair to him, I really don't believe that being cold outside will make you sick. Sounds like you guys just happened to pick up a bug somewhere last week. :crossfingers: it doesn't last long for either of them!
:thumbsup: for the bath reno - and good luck!

:headscratch: How in the world, or rather why, would anyone chastise you for not showing "enough"? There is no "enough" - every body is different, some mamas show early, some never show at all! And there's nothing you can do about it either way! Goodness, people are dumb at times. A tilted uterus could definitely account for it, though.

Oh no, I definitely agree. I don't think it was JUST being outside, but it was definitely a tax on DS's body that he didn't need. If he wasn't having to work so hard at staying warm, his body could've been fighting off whatever yucky thing he picked up. Kwim? Same thing with DH. So far I am fine except for a very mild scratchy throat. I am super vigilant about it, though. I hardly ever get sick, but when I do, it's bad. Like sinus infection bad :( and that is NO fun while pregnant!

Oh trust me... I am NOT showing enough! :giggle: it's hardly a noticeable baby bump - sometimes it still just looks like a spare tire, haha. I think it's partly because I work out, but I am definitely thinking my uterus is at least a little off kilter ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange

Well... I could just totally gorge! Lol. Although that would probably just make me feel sick. I am up 5.5 lbs so far and I feel like that is plenty. My weight gain really snowballed with DS - when it started, IT STARTED. I feel healthy, though, and that's what I say when people go, "are you sure you're pregnant?!!" or, "are you ever going to start showing?!" etc... "Yup, there is a baby in there, alive and kicking and perfectly healthy. Mama is staying healthy, too." :thumbsup: :)

dagmomma 12-03-2012 06:35 AM

Well it was not a fluke ds1 had the pukies last night!

RunawayBunny 12-03-2012 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange

Your tilted vagina cracked me up! Not that you thought that might be what they said, but that you said google had no results.

Add me to the list of tilted uteri (never needed to use the plural of uterus. Is that right)? I am definitely showing but it definitely still hides in some clothes. I totally agree that it depends on how you carry. I think people just want something to say and dont realize how annoying (or in some cases mean) they come off. Especially regarding skinny, thin, or in case of pregnancy not showing much people think they are giving you a compliment or teasing about something "nice". It bothered me a lot last time, but this pregnancy I am a lot more mellow. I smile and say something like, "well my feet and siatic nerve sure feel it!"

Mommy2wyatt- how scary to faint like that. Glad you are ok!

Afm: we went on a "polar express" ride yesterday. DS is crazy about trains and we read the book about 3 times a day so you can imagine his excitement! U/s today! Praying for a healthy baby!

Elena, I have pretty much decided to put our dog down. Every shelter, trainer, behaviorist, and vet I have called (my cell minutes are gonna be close to over this month!) recommends we put him down. So DH asked me to give his work friend a week to try and find a home for him, but I think he just needs time to process it. I am gonna set something up for late this week or early next week. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Mom2Connor 12-03-2012 07:19 AM

I have a tipped uterus as well, for both pregnancies (I'm not sure if the tipping can change or not, so figured I'd mention that, LOL!). I definitely show, tipped or not! I think it really just depends on your body, how much weight you naturally carry even when not pregnant, and probably something to do with abdominal muscle strength.

Our little boy has been wiggling a lot. I'm torn because it's exciting to have another boy so DS will have a brother, but I have to admit I'm a little disappointed baby isn't a girl. It makes me feel like a horrible parent because I am SO relieved we are having a healthy baby boy, and I LOVE my son (I was so excited he was a boy!). :( I am just a little bummed because I think this is our last kiddo so I feel like I'll never get to experience the other side of things. It doesn't help that DH has a coworker that had two girls, tried once more and got pregnant with triplet...girls. I'm not sure if there was fertility or if it was a fluke natural triplet pregnancy. So he has no faith in the "try one more time" theory, LOL. and honestly I don't know that I want three kids. We'll see how it goes with two!

Runaway bunny, so sorry to hear about your dog, but I think you are making the right decision. :(

KelseyH 12-03-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2Connor
I have a tipped uterus as well, for both pregnancies (I'm not sure if the tipping can change or not, so figured I'd mention that, LOL!). I definitely show, tipped or not! I think it really just depends on your body, how much weight you naturally carry even when not pregnant, and probably something to do with abdominal muscle strength.

ITA! I think because I'm lean people expect me to show right away... But DH was jealous of my six pack six months after DS was born ;) I haven't really stuck with it during this pregnancy, but maybe there are some residual abs? Haha.. That's what I'll say next time... "why aren't you showing yet?" "Oh, my abs are just squishing the baby." O.o haha.

So, it's official. I am sick. I woke up at three am and was totally congested with a sore throat. Ugh! Luckily, my sweet DH called in, so he is home today and tomorrow (his normal off shift day). Thank goodness! Gabriel is just getting worse. :(

momneedssupport 12-03-2012 08:14 AM

Poor doggy. Sorry you have to make tbat decision. :(

Yuck for the pukies. I really hate puking and puking kids are worse.

I have a tilted uterus......to the front!! A friend at church said i was lookibg especialky pregnant yesterday.