Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   BF conversation with 6 yr old (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1468891)

LRL 12-02-2012 11:08 PM

BF conversation with 6 yr old

We went out to dinner a couple nights ago with my in-laws and kids. When we got to the restaurant, DS (6) turned to me as I was holding DD (5 weeks) and we had the following conversation:

DS: "When the baby gets hungry, I guess you'll have to go to the van to feed her."
Me: "Why would I go to the van?"
DS: "No one wants to see that."

Once I finished laughing my head off and wondering where the heck he got that from I gave him the proper education... LOL :lostit:. I don't think he'll say that again... And this is with him being raised in a very pro-breastfeeding family and environment!

Nerissa 12-03-2012 04:52 AM

Re: BF conversation with 6 yr old

That is funny.

My boys are facinated with breastfeeding. DS1 was barely 2 when DS2 was born so remembers nothing. they are always asking questions and wanting to watch and sit close. Even more facinated with the pump.

Computermama 12-03-2012 06:24 AM

My 5 year old is also fascinated with BFing. She's taken to BFing her baby dolls, stealing my nursing pillow, even wanting her own breastpads. And the rare time I get the pump out she's fascinated with that too. She keeps telling me about the twins she's going to have and how she'll have to feed them on both her boobies at the same time.

HeatherlovesCDs 12-03-2012 07:02 AM

LOL!

My just turned 7 year old is the opposite. He saw me using a cover and didn't understand why I would cover. Umm....because I can't keep my girls hidden when I nurse without it. :giggle:

We have conversations like this:

Son: You must make a lot of milk.
Me: why do you say that?
Son: Because you have REALLY big milkies.

:laugh: Then, I told him size has nothing to do with it. :)

Van1300 12-03-2012 08:29 AM

My 3 year old is into breastfeeding her baby dolls also. (I am nursing my newborn and still on maternity leave). She lifted up her shirt at a family dinner last night and proclaimed to everyone that the baby was hungry and was going to have some "boobie milk".

Good thing most everyone laughed :)

c&w's mama 12-03-2012 09:18 AM

:)

LRL 12-03-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs (Post 15998954)
LOL!

My just turned 7 year old is the opposite. He saw me using a cover and didn't understand why I would cover. Umm....because I can't keep my girls hidden when I nurse without it. :giggle:

We have conversations like this:

Son: You must make a lot of milk.
Me: why do you say that?
Son: Because you have REALLY big milkies.

:laugh: Then, I told him size has nothing to do with it. :)

HAHA. I love this!

HeatherlovesCDs 12-03-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LRL (Post 15999936)
HAHA. I love this!

I also thought it was hilarious when he told me my baby drinks several jugs of milk a day. He has no clue that "jugs" sometimes is an "old school" slang term for breasts. :laugh:

The breastfeeding talk is constant in our house. Maybe because I never cover at home and always seem to have at least one boob hanging out. :blush: