Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Pregnancy After Loss (December) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1468933)

TS8213 12-03-2012 07:56 AM

This group is for ladies who are pregnant after a loss. Under the "spoiler" tags are the lists of those who are currently pregnant and those who have had their rainbow babies. If you would like to be added to either list, please send a PM to the current original poster of the thread. The lists have been hidden to avoid "triggers" for people.

Still baking :preggo:

Hidden:

Edensmomma (Jena), 4th pregnancy, due 12.27.12
abhernandez (Alice), due 2.10.13
TS8213 (Trace), 4th pregnancy, due 3.7.13
Sunshine915 (Lauren), 4th pregnancy, due 3.12.13
emeyer76 (Erica), 5th pregnancy, due 3.23.12
lilbitcrunchy (Heather), 6th pregnancy, due 3.26.13
sterlids, due 3.28.13
happymama1 (Kristen), 7th pregnancy, due 3.30.13
canadianbakers (Elena), 11th pregnancy, due 4.14.13
RunawayBunny, 3rd pregnancy, due 4.15.13
leyash, due 5.8.13
Ingrid5699 (Ingrid), 6th pregnancy, due 5.30.13
myblessedbaby (Kate), 9th pregnancy, due 5.30.13
newcdmommy29 (Erica), 4th pregnancy, due 6.13.13
carlycurry (Carly), 3rd pregnancy, due 6.28.13

R a i n b o w s have arrived! :wub:

Hidden:
crunchymom2b (Alycia), 3rd pregnancy (2nd child), Vinny born 9.3.2012
ChocolateMoose (Melissa), 7th pregnancy (8th child, 4th surviving baby), Andrew born 9.12.201
Harmony96 (Andrea), 4th pregnancy, Josiah Nathan born 12.31.12

carlycurry 12-03-2012 08:02 AM

Re: Pregnancy After Loss (December)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs (Post 15996157)
Did you have H or NH? I was both but got treated with R-CHOP so it was NH treatment. I see more people that are younger have H and are able to keep some of their fertility. I go to the Lymphoma board from time to time. Good luck to you!

I had Hodgkins... I was so very lucky to have found it early... I was stage one. The only place I had affected nodes was in my neck. I did 4 chemo treatments and 21 days of radiation. My oncologist told me she really didn't feel I'd have much trouble conceiving because the chemo drugs they use for Hodgkins Lymphoma are not extremely damaging to fertility/eggs. She was right, apparently, because I got pregnant twice now since then (one miscarriage) so I guess I'm still very fertile. I feel very, very lucky!

TS8213 12-03-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom (Post 15998355)
I'm so sorry to be the party pooper, but I'm desperate for some reassurance. So I mentioned earlier today that my ms has disappeared...well my exhaustion & breast tenderness is gone too. Zero. Nothing. I haven't felt tired for one second today. I have to wait til Tuesday to find out anything for sure, as my OB's office is closed on Monday. I don't know how I'm going to get through the next 36 hrs without losing my mind.

I had days like that early on, too. It's so hard not to worry. Hang in there! :hugs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ingrid5699 (Post 15998738)
AFM-still waiting for the hyperemesis to get better. *sigh* Another bad day with needing an IV yesterday. Oh well-it's worth it!!! Did I tell you guys that I got the leave? So at least we're good financially and it takes some worries off my shoulders because my boss will be able to hire a maternity replacement :) Still a weird feeling that I'll be a SAHM until baby turns 2. But not a bad thing for sure!

Yay for getting leave! Boo for the hyperemesis. Hoping you get a reprive from that soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs (Post 15998763)
That stinks! What does your doctor say? Is there more that you can do?

I don't see my OB again until the 17th. All this started a few days after my last appt which was mid-Nov. I'm assuming he'll just say this is normal pregnancy related stuff, though I've never had it before with any of my other pregnancies. Maybe I was just lucky with those? Can't remember if I start the every 2 week appts at 30 or 32 weeks. Anywho, at my next appt I'll be 28.5w.

Good luck with your b/w appt today!

Quote:

Originally Posted by myblessedbaby (Post 15998955)
Every night before I go to bed, I sit in the chair in my kids room. I watch them sleep and say my prayers. Last night as I was sitting there, I felt baby wiggling around in my belly for about 10 minutes. Pure bliss. :) I'll be 15 weeks on Wed and I don't remember wiggles happening this early with other pregnancies, maybe I'm just more in tune with my body this time. I don't know, but it was really wonderful to feel baby moving around in there.

So sweet! :wub:

jamiejo 12-03-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunshine915 (Post 15991790)
Yay Deanna!!!!!!

:hugs: Jamie...so sorry to hear you're in the thick of one of the scariest parts. Feeling sick is no fun, but at least it manages to be a good sign that things are well. Fluctuations are normal, too...enjoy the mild respite if you can. I hope these days go by quickly for you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianbakers (Post 15992502)
:hugs: Passing any of those points is really hard.
It is very normal to have good days and bad days with m/s, but at the same time I know how worrisome it can be to have a good day suddenly!

It is completely up to you whether or not you go in. I think the only "right" choice is to do whatever is going to cause you the least stress.
For me, that meant I didn't go near the Dr's office until just a few weeks ago, at 18 weeks. I just couldn't do it. I had less anxiety just letting the days pass than I did when I thought about going in and what we might find out. I did make myself go at that point because I knew how important the u/s would be for DH, and for me too, in getting through the rest of this pregnancy. I know people may look down on me, or think that was irresponsible of me, but I know our situation and I know that this was the best choice for us.
If you feel like having an u/s sooner rather than later would be helpful for you to ease your worries, I would go in for an appt (but would skip all the "normal" prenatal exams and whatnot - at least until I knew what was going on) and get a req in for an urgent u/s. There shouldn't be any argument about it and it shouldn't take long for an appt.
If you don't feel like that would help you any, or if you just can't handle thinking about that decision right now, that's okay too.
:hugs: with whatever you choose. and :pray: your little bean is snuggled in there safe and sound!

Thanks for all the knowing replies Mama's :hugs:
I'm hanging in. I think I may breathe a sigh of relief this Saturday. After that I'll make a decision on calling the MW or not.

lilbitcrunchy 12-03-2012 10:08 AM

I've been MIA for awhile ladies sorry. DS does weird things to my pc and my phone apparently. However I had decided to be team green and was just not really dealing with it well. We've got so much going on with DH's job ending and I'm just stressed. I felt like maybe knowing would help me bond as I'd just been completely ignoring my pregnancy. I wasn't sure but I think since we had our u/s later than normal (23 weeks) there was just no hiding the fact that we were having a BOY lol. She put the probe down and bam there it was. It certainly helps make things more real and calling him by his name and talking to him is just what I needed to get out of this funk. DH has a permagrin too lol. We're going to tell our families at Christmas.

ingrid5699 12-03-2012 11:50 AM

Trace sorry you are in so much pain :-( Hope you somehow feel better-maybe the little Miss will move to a more comfortable spot?

Heather that's how it was with my DS too. Even if we had wanted to be team green we couldn't have because it was so completely obvious. LOL Even my OB chuckled because every time she placed the wand on my belly there would be his goods :P And if my OB was right I have another show off boy this time. She wouldn't confirm for sure because I was only 13w but baby had something between the legs. Anyway-YAY for a boy after 2 girls. Having both genders is really nice and I am constantly amazed how much is determined by that one chromosome.

Harmony96 12-03-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilbitcrunchy (Post 15999682)
I've been MIA for awhile ladies sorry. DS does weird things to my pc and my phone apparently. However I had decided to be team green and was just not really dealing with it well. We've got so much going on with DH's job ending and I'm just stressed. I felt like maybe knowing would help me bond as I'd just been completely ignoring my pregnancy. I wasn't sure but I think since we had our u/s later than normal (23 weeks) there was just no hiding the fact that we were having a BOY lol. She put the probe down and bam there it was. It certainly helps make things more real and calling him by his name and talking to him is just what I needed to get out of this funk. DH has a permagrin too lol. We're going to tell our families at Christmas.

A boy a boy a boy a boy!!!! :D :D :D :D :lostit: (Just a PSA... be prepared for the poor thing to be used as a dress-up doll by your girls, lol.)

Harmony96 12-03-2012 12:44 PM

December? :thud: I'm so not ready. Can we go backwards and make this the October thread, instead? :giggle:

TS8213 12-03-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harmony96 (Post 16000354)
December? :thud: I'm so not ready. Can we go backwards and make this the October thread, instead? :giggle:

No no no! Sorry. :D

newcdmommy29 12-03-2012 01:15 PM

Time to vent. I've been laying on my side since Thursday with horrible hip pain and sciatica. I've been to the MW doctor Chiro called my PT and I'm scheduled for a massage on Wednesday. I'm only 13 weeks along but I have SI joint dysfunction. Will this be a problem the rest of my pregnancy? Will this always be a problem for pregnancies after this? Will I be able to go back to work, care for myself or my family again? I'm 28 years old and feel like I'm 99. :/ I've cried out of pain and frustration SO much. We want a big family and I know there are many other ways to have kids than Conceive and carry them but I'm not sure I'm ready to stop. Any insight? Words of encouragement or anything? I'm frustrated and tired and I can't keep taking the pain meds they have me on because I'm concerned for baby boo. :(