Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due in March (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   Lil Shamrocks - December! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1468971)

TS8213 12-03-2012 10:39 AM

Lil Shamrocks - December!

Can you believe it's already December?! I know some of us early March mamas are hitting the 3rd trimester this week...yay! Tis the season for the GTT and scrumdilliumptious goodies. :goodvibes:

QOTM: What's your favorite holiday tradition? If you don't have any traditions, do you plan on starting any?

lilbitcrunchy 12-03-2012 11:02 AM

Re: Lil Shamrocks - December!

My favorite is our Christmas morning ritual with my parents. We get up and have breakfast and everyone gets dressed. We read the story of Christ's birth from the bible, pray and then open gifts. I can't wait for DD to be able to read so she can take over that part as it's been my job since we started this when I was 11!

I'm trying to start up a snowman collection as I think they're adorable. Also yearly ornaments for the girls....er kids :giggle:

Sunshine915 12-03-2012 11:55 AM

Most of my favorite traditions revolve around food! My dad's family is Lithuanian, so we make korsha for Christmas. It's a savory baked "pudding" (but much thicker...kinda somewhere closer to bread, but not quite that either) made with potatoes, onion, bacon, and salt pork and is just about the best food ever. My DH craves it as much as I do now :). I've learned to make it and its awesome to have that tradition secure for another generation! I'm throwing a Christmas Eve party for my side and I can't wait to bake a korsha for everyone!

twinpossible 12-03-2012 01:01 PM

My favorite traditions also revolve around food :giggle: My mom and I make a big Christmas Eve dinner and a Christmas breakfast after all the presents are opened. Before the actual holiday I love our tradition of getting the tree on my birthday weekend and having the whole house decorated. We are starting a new tradition this year of having a Holiday High Tea with all our friends and their children at a local Inn. It is coming up on Sunday and I am really excited!

samham 12-03-2012 02:01 PM

The usual traditions here. All my parents grandkids get pair of jammies on Christmas Eve. We get a new family ornament each year and kids get to pick out their own also. Big family Christmas dinner. Open one present Christmas Eve and the rest Christmas morning. This is hubby and my first Christmas so looking forward to new traditions also.

We hit 27 weeks tomorrow, can't believe it's almost 3rd trimester.

Went to a boots and booties baby shower yesterday sponsored by operation home front for military families and got a free car seat. Wasn't planning on using an infant seat cause I didn't want to spend the extra money on it to just transfer him to bigger seat but since I got one I may use it. Perfect since I got the stroller that it goes with already. May make things a little easier.
Still feel like I'm so far behind with baby shopping. Almost done with DS for Christmas so hoping to finish baby shopping very soon too. We will see. Hope everyone is doing well and feeling great.

happymama1 12-03-2012 02:27 PM

I love it! Our traditions also involve food....homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Christmas, and Quiche for Christmas Eve dinner...yummy! We also open gifts one at a time...go to mass in the morning and just enjoy taking our time celebrating as a family!

WOW! about the 3rd trimester...I guess I will hit mine around New Year Festivities...but I can't believe it! Thank goodness it is going by so quickly...although I'm starting to feel huge already.

My youngest daughter is sick with a nasty virus...very high fever (she hit 105, with motrin, so we were in the ER from 11pm-3am last night.) I'm exhausted today...but chugging along, hoping for an early bedtime tonight. Thankfully they think it is just nasty virus with a cough (ran lots of tests)....and she doesn't have vomiting or diarrhea, which lessens her chances of dehydration. Praying my other kiddos don't get sick!!

love2row 12-03-2012 09:47 PM

We're still working on Christmas traditions, but one thing that we have started since I was pregnant with DS is to go to the local botanical gardens Christmas Light display. This year they've added a skating rink -- I keep joking that maybe I'll try it. I love to cook, so I'll probably carry on making some yummy snack breakfast while we open presents, and then follow it up with a big dinner. I can't wait!

I hit 27 weeks today. I have my GTT tomorrow with my midwife, but I get to down about 30 jellybeans instead of having to deal with the orange drink. Yay! Now, I have to eat them at 8 am, accompanied by eggs or some other protein, but I'll take it. DH & I finally started talking about birth stuff last night, which makes me feel a little better. I need to dig out DS's old nb & 0-3 month clothes to see what I can recycle for this little girl and what I still need to buy. I haven't really bought anything yet, because I don't have anywhere to put it. Hopefully that will change soon.

twinpossible 12-03-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by love2row (Post 16002466)
I hit 27 weeks today. I have my GTT tomorrow with my midwife, but I get to down about 30 jellybeans instead of having to deal with the orange drink. Yay! Now, I have to eat them at 8 am, accompanied by eggs or some other protein, but I'll take it.

I am doing an alternative testing as well, hate those orange drinks :yuck:

sterlids 12-04-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by love2row (Post 16002466)
I hit 27 weeks today. I have my GTT tomorrow with my midwife, but I get to down about 30 jellybeans instead of having to deal with the orange drink. Yay! Now, I have to eat them at 8 am, accompanied by eggs or some other protein, but I'll take it.

i'll definitely take that test over the normal one any day! yummmm jelly bellies!

lilbitcrunchy 12-04-2012 05:44 AM

I must be the only weird one that doesn't mind the drinks :giggle: I probably have too much sugar in my diet anyway so it just tastes like flat orange soda to me.