Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   adviced needed on when to try (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1468987)

homebirthmom 12-03-2012 10:25 AM

adviced needed on when to try

just got married. hubby has one child from previous marriage, I have 5 from previous... I LOVE babies and pregnancy (my job was as a midwife for well over a decade)
and here I am, said I have to be married before I would consider another baby... (he was wanting a baby asap) and now he thinks we should wait up to maybe a yr. mainly cause we just moved in together this fall and eloped last week. he is starting school back up (free thru his veterans benefits) and the youngest child here is 2 1/2 and throwing tantrums lately. (great birth control) she loves babies tho.

he is leaving it up to me but he REALLY wants a boy. we have 4 girls and 2 boys combined. (he has not had a boy) but hes lost children thru miscarriage as I have as well. so we are sensitive to this possibility.
we are both 37 and I am having hot flashes yet seem fertile, I may not be dropping eggs. we dont see drs much so I suppose I could go in for a test to see how much time I have left...

the thing is, if we try this month, I would be due in August, which I ALWAYS wanted. (must be round in warm months and newly pregnany/sick in cold months)
its also a boy month for me but I have not done the diet very well. and my ph is very acidic right now.

I am very close to ovulating this month (days away) and we have already dtd several times w no protection so we have to stop today if we wait.

we are planners and I am trying to get ok "birth months" that arent packed with other b days or major holidays. what to do? I am worried if I wait, I may lose my chance.(I have 2 friends that hit menopause at 32 and 29 so its a great fear) yet I understand his need for me to NOT be ill right after marriage. we still have a honeymoon to do this spring to so I would be 4 months along (and I really want to go on a few non- rollercoaster rides)

Mama2LilBug 12-03-2012 10:32 AM

I'd go for it. It took us 2 years to conceive our first and we're on our 10th cycle of TTC #2... We would *like* a 2nd to be born in the fall and would *like* a 2nd girl, but we're not going to not try for timing sake. So from my perspective, anytime is a good time to try! Good luck!!!

homebirthmom 12-03-2012 01:53 PM

Re: adviced needed on when to try

well I took a fsh urine test and I do have a second line but its medium or a tad lighter. this was after peeing several times today tho and I am on cd11. so, although i would have liked to see NO line, it appears I am still fertile.

not sure why but this month I am way more in the mood too. I was chalking it up to the honeymoon phase but perhaps its a strong ovulation :)

sweetgrace 12-03-2012 04:20 PM

I totally understand feeling like the clock is ticking and your running out of time. I am near 36 and have really been feeling like this too. If you are having those feelings there also may be a reason. I'm a total enabler here but I would say go for it!

homebirthmom 12-08-2012 10:41 AM

well we tried. just went for it the day of O. so I am 2 dpo now.

mvp529 12-08-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homebirthmom (Post 16019830)
well we tried. just went for it the day of O. so I am 2 dpo now.

Thats what I was going to say. I think that as we get over 35 we do not need to put this off. It may take longer so no sense in wwasting valuable time. Hoping to see you join me in August.

homebirthmom 12-09-2012 02:14 PM

mvp: yay!!! well I will hopefully see you around then. would love a baby in August. my last was due 8/9/10. no joke. would have been a cool birthday. she came in July tho.

homebirthmom 12-10-2012 09:32 AM

I had implantation spotting today and some sharp pains yesterday and now starting today. I can pretty much say, I am pregnant!!! will be testing in 2 days.
Im 4dpo today. last time I had implantation bleeding it was 5 dpo. but spotting anytime after o is NOT my thing unless preggo and even then its rare.

mvp529 12-10-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homebirthmom
I had implantation spotting today and some sharp pains yesterday and now starting today. I can pretty much say, I am pregnant!!! will be testing in 2 days.
Im 4dpo today. last time I had implantation bleeding it was 5 dpo. but spotting anytime after o is NOT my thing unless preggo and even then its rare.

Fingers crossed for you! Sounds promising.

abunchoflemons 12-10-2012 12:33 PM

With hubby it took 2 yrs after we got married & now second together. Lots of factors play.... sil said on o date is how she got certain genders. Hubby had 2 & 2 in his so 50 / 50 on gender. I hear if u go south & dtd helps for better boy chances. I didn't go on chinese calender otherwise I would have had a boy I think......nope 2 girls. Now 3rd is boy.