Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2011 Due Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=220)
-   -   Aug '11 - December Chat (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469039)

heyuitsme 12-03-2012 01:42 PM

Aug '11 - December Chat

:cowwave:holy cow it's december

heyuitsme 12-03-2012 01:55 PM

Re: Aug '11 - December Chat

busy busy moms!

britt and allison, :hugs: sorry for the hard times you are going through. even though sydney is a crazy train wreck of emotions most of the time lately, I can't imagine the struggle you are all going through. I hope you are able to find a doc who is willing to work with you. I hear ya on the concern about meds. :(

amy :hugs: :hugs: I just bought the last of the gifts for the kids for christmas...all from goodwill. :/ I think each kiddo only has about $6-8 bucks spent on them, but I was able to find a couple nice toys for each. Wayne really wants to get some fun big toys, but we are super broke too.
you are pretty crafty, I bet you could make something cute for the kids. clothes, or a blanket, or lovey, or doll clothes, or stuffed critter.
do either of the girls like mermaids? I've got some cutesy mermaid fabric (I think it is a panel piece, so it has squares with mermaid scenes in it). I keep meaning to make little pillow for sydney (loves mermaids right now) but never seem to get around to it. I could send that to you. I've also got some outer space flannel (nice warm pillow for casper?). seriously, let me know if you have any themes or ideas for things and I'll send you some fabric if I have some that works.

I'm sure you've thought of those things too, sorry, don't mean to jump all over you with ideas.

:hugs: it sucks being broke.

heyuitsme 12-03-2012 02:09 PM

allison - car dealers are nuts. we had the same problem when we first started thinking about a new vehicle a couple years ago. we go onto a lot, tell the guy we need used, preferably than $7,000 with our trade-in, maybe a mini van, but at least a full sized car.
yeah, the first thing he shows us is a brand new chrysler 300, $26,000...the only thing he got right was the size of the car. we left after that. :waiting: sheesh people, listen!

mommabritt 12-03-2012 04:43 PM

Well I spent the afternoon on a debt snowball calculator. And I gotta say, I am really motivated! If we snowball out debt starting in March, we can have all debt paid off in December 2014. That seems far now but it includes two cars (mine is rediculous since Dh didn't use his brain when purchasing) and our only cc. We dont have student loans or a mortgage so its just thise pesky three. I will say that if we don't snowball we will have hefty monthly debt until end of 2016. I'm tired of car payments and tight months. I am committing to Dave Ramsey in the new year and am going to free up our money.

dagmomma 12-03-2012 05:11 PM

Naomi--I know. Turns out the dealership that is all under one name apparently the new and used areas are seperate. So the 1st person who got to us was a "new" car sales person who was actually new lol. But everyone in the "new" dealership acted like they had no idea who the "used" sales person I talked to was over emails and acted like he did not exist and kept showing us brand new cars that we said we did not want. Then when I actually pointed her to the car I wanted she came back again with a new car with even less in it today. They offered the 2 I told you before then they called back with a brand new car with no electric doors or anything but with a dvd player. Look I do not need electric doors and a dvd player but not having electric doors and paying over $30000 for it is ridunkulous!

But I have been able to talk to the guy I was emailing and he seems to be on the right track and showed us a couple of cars online and seems to be hearing what we are saying. We will see, I will try to go there wednesday.

Britt--LOVE Dave Ramsey and that is one of the reasons I am struggling with the car issue LOL!!!!

I think it is great that you are doing it. And if you ever fall of the wagon you can always get right back on.

I like listening to his show and I read his book. I need to take it out again. I also like Suzie Orman. They are a little different Dave is more family orientated but Suzie is not completely anti-debt as Dave. But Suzie will always say to hold off family bc you can not afford it and Dave will say you can always have a family and do not put it off.

I am hoping to only have a car payment for 1 yr. It is so hard bc my family is the anti-Dave Ramsey. They are the opposite of anything he says. My sister looked into it but then just was like oh he is just trying to make money off of people. I tried to explain to her you really do not have to purchase anything bc he has his books and radio show it is really simple to follow. But apparently the library is gross so who knows. My mother told me today that I should get the $37000 minivan bc it is brand new and I do not want used bc I do not want other peoples problems. I told her that it was a 100k 10yr warrenty and she throughout the word loopholes. Umm ok. I just thought you keep complaining on how you have no money with your brand new car and all the crap you buy and your trips.

These are the reasons I am glad we are not close to family. I wish we were close so I can see them often but I am so happy I am not influenced by them with the money aspects. Not sure I would be anyway bc I have always been more frugal then them but it would still be hard. It just seems like they go in on things and it is $ here I owe someone for a cousin I never see or $ here for a party I am not going to. The best was my mother was buying an American Girl Doll Christianing Dress for my cousins daughters doll and was upset I would not giver her money for it. They actually get sort of bent bc I laugh and say "Yeah I will keep my $50."

estradaamyl 12-03-2012 05:23 PM

Thanks ladies you girls are amazing! I don't have to worry about my kids for presents, it's all the people we told we would not be exchanging gifts with. Now we feel obligated to buy for nieces, nephews, grandparents, etc. ugh. I'm taking us for a family photo at JCP and sending them copies. And making my niece stuff. But any ideas for a 22 year old guy? My nephew always gets a renewal for his HighTimes magazine for his birthday. bit Christmas? I'm just not sure what else to get the College student, BMX trick riding crazy stoner kid! :giggle2:

heyuitsme 12-03-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by estradaamyl (Post 16001338)
Thanks ladies you girls are amazing! I don't have to worry about my kids for presents, it's all the people we told we would not be exchanging gifts with. Now we feel obligated to buy for nieces, nephews, grandparents, etc. ugh. I'm taking us for a family photo at JCP and sending them copies. And making my niece stuff. But any ideas for a 22 year old guy? My nephew always gets a renewal for his HighTimes magazine for his birthday. bit Christmas? I'm just not sure what else to get the College student, BMX trick riding crazy stoner kid! :giggle2:

i say, psht! to them! lol, yeah, I remember (before kids) buying gifts for EVERYONE...now, my parents are lucky to get a card. lol, ah the times.

dagmomma 12-03-2012 05:28 PM

Stoner ummm make him brownies

heyuitsme 12-03-2012 05:31 PM

oh, gotta tell ya ladies.........
299.6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woot woot!
below 300 for the first time since...not sure when. so excited. to me, this means I am actually doing it! losing weight for real, not just fluctuating. going to keep doing what I am doing til christmas, see how the weight comes off, then set a new goal for valentines day.

heyuitsme 12-03-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dagmomma (Post 16001352)
Stoner ummm make him brownies

bwahaaha! yes! :giggle: