Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   could I be having an early miscarriage (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469079)

Maddalena 12-03-2012 02:07 PM

could I be having an early miscarriage

I never got a positive.pregnancy test. I tested at 11 dpo and bfn. Then I started my monthly like normal but have been passing GIANT palm sized clots. Then things calmed down. Then I got cramps CD 3 and passed more clots, then it calmed down again and now on CD 5 more cramps and more clots and heavy red bleeding again. I wouldn't be upset of I was miscarrying because at least I know I could get pregnant still. I mean at my age it's bound to happen. But wondering at what point would I absolutely need to see an Obgyn?

Tina5834 12-03-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maddalena
I never got a positive.pregnancy test. I tested at 11 dpo and bfn. Then I started my monthly like normal but have been passing GIANT palm sized clots. Then things calmed down. Then I got cramps CD 3 and passed more clots, then it calmed down again and now on CD 5 more cramps and more clots and heavy red bleeding again. I wouldn't be upset of I was miscarrying because at least I know I could get pregnant still. I mean at my age it's bound to happen. But wondering at what point would I absolutely need to see an Obgyn?

Do you have any tests to take? I would see if it was positive. Hcg should still be in your system. If you start soaking a pad in an hour you should be seen.

ambieone 12-03-2012 02:46 PM

Re: could I be having an early miscarriage

^^what she said, if you are filling a pad an hour you need to go it. Otherwise they will just examine you and send you back home. I'd keep an eye on how many days you are having clots though, they should start to taper off.

KatieB621 12-03-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinaDeanette (Post 16000869)
Do you have any tests to take? I would see if it was positive. Hcg should still be in your system. If you start soaking a pad in an hour you should be seen.

:yeahthat:

trying4more 12-03-2012 05:54 PM

I agree with everyone else. Test.
If bleeding continues to be bad with clots, I'd be seen right away!

cdeweese 12-03-2012 06:00 PM

I've had 2 early losses (5 & 6 weeks) and never passed huge clots. If you're having a miscarriage you'll have a positive pregnancy test. But unless you're soaking through a pad an hour, you're probably fine.

Maddalena 12-03-2012 06:43 PM

At times I soak pads within minutes and then for hours there is nothing. I'll go get a test at family dollar tomorrow. I think I will try to find an Obgyn tomorrow though too. Either way I probably should see someone :/

KatieB621 12-03-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maddalena (Post 16001836)
At times I soak pads within minutes and then for hours there is nothing. I'll go get a test at family dollar tomorrow. I think I will try to find an Obgyn tomorrow though too. Either way I probably should see someone :/

Good choice. I didn't go in when I m/c either time. Sometimes I wish I had so that it could at least have been documented on my file. Everytime I mention it at the dr. office they always say "oh, so you had a possible m/c." I always feel like slapping them because there wasn't anything possible about it.

Tina5834 12-03-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatieB621

Good choice. I didn't go in when I m/c either time. Sometimes I wish I had so that it could at least have been documented on my file. Everytime I mention it at the dr. office they always say "oh, so you had a possible m/c." I always feel like slapping them because there wasn't anything possible about it.

:hugs:

Ya, def seek an OB tomorrow. What your expecting doesn't seem normal for a typical period. My sister had a 7 week mc and she passed clots but they weren't huge like yours so idk. :hugs: for you too

carriek38 12-03-2012 07:38 PM

You won't know for sure until you test &/or see a doctor. It's possible it's a mc, though. My AF is normally very heavy & I pass some clots (roughly thumb sized for the largest); I typically saturate a super plus tampon every 1.5 hours for the first couple days. When I had my mc, it was a 5-6 wk mc, but I didn't start bleeding until about 8 wks. It was a period of lighter bleeding that went on for a couple weeks for me, but I did have a couple of days of pretty intense bleeding similar to what you've described. Periods of cramping, then "gushing" w/ larger clots, followed by periods of lighter flow, then worsening cramping & gushing again. The way the nurse explained it to me is that the clots are gross but normal for me, of course they're larger due to the mc. The clots try to pass but may get stuck in the cervix; blood pools behind the clot, the cramping helps work the clot out, resulting in the gross clot/gush thing, then the period of lighter flow as another clot prevents your uterus from voiding.

But like others have said, if you have concerns about the reason why or the amount of blood you're passing, see someone...I probably would.