Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   which HE washers allow hot hot water? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469137)

dannic 12-03-2012 04:52 PM

which HE washers allow hot hot water?

I may be needing a new washer and am open to front or top loaders, but could you tell me if yours has the ability to have hot hot water?
Which HE washers work well for cloth?
What type of dipes do you own?
Do you like your HE washer? THX!

ETA: which ones allow a bit more water in the drum? (not weight controlled)

aries416 12-03-2012 04:59 PM

Re: which HE washers allow hot hot water?

I have an LG steam set that has a sanitary cycle. I use it for diapers and have been for over 4 years. Works great!

dannic 12-03-2012 05:01 PM

Four years? Good. I have been reading reviews on washers and so many seem to break down within 10 months...

dannic 12-03-2012 05:09 PM

adding a few more questions:
what type of dipes do you wash?
is your water weight controlled; can you add more water to the drum?

brycesmommy 12-03-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aries416 (Post 16001444)
I have an LG steam set that has a sanitary cycle. I use it for diapers and have been for over 4 years. Works great!

Wow you've never had anything happen to your diapers? I've always heard diaper companies warn that the sanitize setting can ruin diapers!

disneylindsay 12-03-2012 05:21 PM

I have a Samsung HE front loader, I have been using mine for almost 4 years. Mine does not allow me to control water levels, but I have heard that the new ones allow you to. I can change almost all of my settings to allow for hot water and I have rarely have any issues with my diapers. I wash all types of diapers, Aios, Pockets, fitteds, hemp, cotton, Microfibre, covers etc.

KelseyH 12-03-2012 05:29 PM

I have a Whirlpool Duet Steam set. They are almost three years old and still going strong. I wash prefolds and covers on a regular basis but we also have a couple AI2s that get cleaned just as well. Water level can be controlled through the soil setting and there is a separate setting for the rinse cycle. There is also a nice soak cycle with plenty of water :) I've never had a problem with diapers not getting clean. My mom has the same set (Duet, before they had the steam feature) and she's been doing laundry daily for 7-8 years and those machines are still going strong. I <3 my Whirlpools!

dannic 12-03-2012 05:36 PM

i am so glad that there are some good modern options, lol...
cuz i want one...

DottieHarley 12-03-2012 05:47 PM

I have a samsung he fl that i love! We had it fir about a year pre-DD and have been washing dipes 2-3 x weekly for close to two years.
It has a regular, heavy duty, and sanitize. I use heavy duty 99 percent for dipes. It. "Remembers" your setting so for a heavy duty wash, wash, rinse, rinse all i have to do is turn the knob to heavy, mo hanging out waiting for cycles. I cant really control how much water is in the drum although i have picked up the top that if you waterlog them FIRST then it thinks there is more stuff, needing more water. So i start out with a cold rinse, NO SPIN.
I use sanitize if we are killing yeast, thats about it. A couple tablespoons of bleach every now and then. I have had very good luck stripping as well (due to the ability to set multiple cycles at once).
Another feature i love is the delay start - one hour increments up to 24 hours, and the ability to pause/hold overnight , helps fir stripping. Also it is super duper quiet!
Mix of aios, pockets, pfs, hemp and mf inserts. Never had a problem that i suspected was due to the washer.

aries416 12-03-2012 05:49 PM

The current set I'm using is about a year old. I used another set for 3 years, moved them across country and my parents are using them now with no issues. My current set does not allow me to add water, but it hasn't been an issue. I can do extra rinses.

I have all different kinds of diapers, but no microfiber.

The only wear and tear I've had is some fraying on the edges of my BG flip organic inserts, but they are all 2+ years old, so that seems reasonable to me. I have some BG 4.0s that have been used for 2 years and they are looking still brand new. I know the sanitize setting voids the warranty, but I want clean diapers! I've never stripped, never had stink issues,etc.