Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Sleep problems, food and teething! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469185)

Dancy Baby 12-03-2012 08:06 PM

There are so many things going on at once with babies I am having a hard time figuring out If ds (6mo) has a problem, DH and I haven't been sleeping and fighting because of it.

I'm sure teething is playing some part, but ds hasn't been sleeping well and wakes up screaming or crying in pain. Advil or Tylenol don't seem to help. I had cut out dairy because he had bad gas but slowly started to reintroduce it, I don't think he's gassy but I could be wrong. We just started BLW also but he hasn't eaten tons so I don't know if that could be it. Also right before this started we were trying the no cry sleep solution to cut down on how frequently he nurses at night because I'm exhausted.

I saw another post about foo allergies and eczema? He also seems to have eczema all over his arms and legs now, so I'm worried about that too.

I cut out dairy again 3 day ago and last night he slept pretty well, fingers crossed for tonight! Anyway, I guess I'm wondering if I should be worried about food allergies, sensitivities, should we stop introducing solids(DH thinks this is the issue) or just chalk it all up to a teething baby who likes to nurse all night long?

mibarra 12-03-2012 08:42 PM

It takes 2 weeks or so for dairy to leave your system after cutting it. :) If you're concerned about allergies I would suggest testing. Sometimes babies just have rough patches, but the sudden eczema makes me wonder if it could be more. No constipation?

Dancy Baby 12-04-2012 05:50 AM

No constipation, and I'm not sure the eczema was sudden, he's always had dry bits here and there, so it could just be the weather? He slept great last night too so I'm hoping it was just bad teething and all the other things were coincidental.

There are milk sensitivities in my family but no food allergies on either side. I'm really hesitant to stop feeding him solid food since he's having fun with it and we just started. We haven't given him anything to crazy but maybe I'll just keep track of the food and how he's sleeping.

mibarra 12-04-2012 09:20 AM

Re: Sleep problems, food and teething!

I would suggest keeping a food diary of both the solids and your diet, and tracking for him things like BMs, sleep habits, and eczema flair ups. That way if you decide to pursue further testing you'll already have that. ;)

momEmac 12-04-2012 10:33 AM

I would definitely look at food issues. I know they have been an issue with my DS. I have to limit dairy, and wheat gives him really rough dry patches of skin all over his body (even if I eat it and he gets it from bf). I would do as the pp said and try a food dairy and maybe even try eliminating some of the major food allergy culprits from both of your diets and see if it makes a difference.

Posted from my iPhone/iPad, probably while breast feeding. Mistakes likey

aries416 12-04-2012 11:07 AM

I finally figured out that dairy was causing an issue for my 2 yr old. He used to be up countless times at night, but now that I have not eaten dairy and he has not eaten it for a couple weeks, nights are so, so much better

Dancy Baby 12-04-2012 01:45 PM

Ugh, this is going to be a lot of work isn't it? Poor guy, I know when I was a baby I had a few sensitivities so maybe it's possible he's the same way. I'll keep a journal as you mamas have suggested just in case it keeps being an issue, then at least we'll have something to look at.