Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   HELP! Everything STINKS! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469209)

Tabatha 12-03-2012 09:22 PM

HELP! Everything STINKS!

I got an order from someone on here that I bought and there was gdiaper covers with plastic snap-in liners, and some inserts and everything stinks! I paid $40 for it and I have already thrown away the snap in plastic liners for the gpants because I knew I wouldn't be able to get smell out without ruining the waterproofing. So I can't even use the gpants until I buy more liners, that's IF I can get the smell out. The inserts and gpants I have washed 5 times or more and two of the washes I used two cups of bleach each. Yes I know way overboard but they really stunk and washing didn't help. I used bleach, vinegar, more soap, tried rinsing a few times and it's helping but there's still a smell. Would you even use these, provided that I can even get the smell out? Or is that gross? I just soaked overnight in a tub of ivory dish soap and now I'm rinsing in the washing machine. I'm not really sure what to do at this point, about the stink or about the person who sold them to me. Not to mention that the gpants need the velcro replaced before they're even usable. She said that she had 2 pairs, and 2 more pairs with "a little more wear on the velcro". All of them are pretty well worn, and 3 of them are not even usable, because it won't stay closed. And the liners that I ended up throwing away.

Tina5834 12-03-2012 09:32 PM

Well, you Gould have contacted the buyer ASAP for a refund because that's unacceptable. But since you already washed them and grown parts away you are out of luck there. What is your question exactly? You might be more answers if you out this in the diaper Q&A section.

keen1981 12-03-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinaDeanette
Well, you Gould have contacted the buyer ASAP for a refund because that's unacceptable. But since you already washed them and grown parts away you are out of luck there. What is your question exactly? You might be more answers if you out this in the diaper Q&A section.

Agree. While I think that's a crazy amount of stink (how can they still smell?! Lol) you've list out on even getting PayPal to side with you..

neuro_mom 12-03-2012 09:35 PM

Re: HELP! Everything STINKS!

If you are asking about getting rid of stink, you might also give vinegar a try. Bleach usually works though :(

luvof3boyz 12-03-2012 09:38 PM

Do they stink like Poo? I cannot imagine that much bleach and they still smell like poo.

Tabatha 12-03-2012 10:10 PM

Shoot! I knew I should have asked this question before I washed them :( I really thought that it would wash out with just washing it though. They don't smell like poo, they smell like dog or dog pee or something. So I just thought her house stunk and since the diapers were there, they kinda got smelly too. That's why I thought it would wash out easily because I didn't think it was really from the diapers. The smell is ALMOST out though. I just feel like it really wasn't worth it, but I guess it's my fault for not doing something before washing. Thanks you guys

jaelynsmommy61607 12-03-2012 10:27 PM

You can still ask for a refund. If she declines pp won't do anything. But she may do the right thing.

keen1981 12-03-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607
You can still ask for a refund. If she declines pp won't do anything. But she may do the right thing.

Very good point!

Tabatha 12-03-2012 11:09 PM

But if I did ask for a refund, I would have to send it back right? Which would come out of the money I"m getting back. Not to mention that she wouldn't want to refund what she already paid for shipping, so how would that work out?

BeccaSueCongdon 12-03-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tabatha
But if I did ask for a refund, I would have to send it back right? Which would come out of the money I"m getting back. Not to mention that she wouldn't want to refund what she already paid for shipping, so how would that work out?

I really depends on what she is wiling to do. She is not required by Paypal to refund or make it right, but you can contact a mod and go into a mediation talk with her and the mod and hopefully find an agreeable solution. Whether that's sending them back or just getting a partial refund. But the ball is in her court. The only thing you have in your favor at this point is you can leave honest feedback and the possibility of negative feedback may motivate her to work with you (don't leave it until after a mediation), and/or hoping she will do the right thing.

If it were me, I'd want a complete refund and for her to cover the return shipping (tho no one would enforce the return shipping). Or is accept a partial refund if she was honest about what the smell was so I could clean it properly.

Someone has mentioned washing soda helps cut certain things, but I don't use it. Don't know what it is. Lol.