Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   feeling alone (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469236)

LleytonandJaydensmommy 12-04-2012 12:49 AM

feeling alone

do any other sahm feel alone? my SO works 9am to 9pm every day and his parents live with us and can do nothing but ***** about how i raise my kids, this or that and when i try to talk to my fiance about it oh she can just do no wrong and i just hate his family blah blah blah...its so belittling. all i want is for him to take my side once and talk to her. i feel so alone and like no one cares. i have no friends so i have jo one to talk to because we recently moved states...ugh i just give up!! we fight daily about this!!

EmmaGM 12-04-2012 12:52 AM

Ooooh mama. Do you want someone to text during the day?

My dh works 12-14 hour days too. Thank God my in-laws don't live with us but I can't stand mine either and same story with my dh, he ALWAYS sides with them no matter what. Then gets mad at me for complaining about them. :banghead:

Puppydog 12-04-2012 01:39 AM

Re: feeling alone

The first issue I would address with DH is, he is either with you or against you.

My DH "refused to take sides" for years until he realised that by not taking sides he was siding with his sister. Reason being, I never do or say anything to her. I just keep quiet. She is always attacking me so by him remaining neutral he is allowing her behaviour.

Your DH needs to understand that you are coming to him out of respect for him and his family. Tell him you COULD deal with it yourself but fear the ramifications of doing so. Maybe he will then decide to speak to his mother rather then let you suffer in silence.

MamaLump 12-04-2012 07:24 AM

I would talk to your fiance about asking his parents to find their own place, that them living with you just isn't working.

Angel89411 12-04-2012 08:14 AM

I agree with PPs. This isn't working for you.

I'm also available for texting. Pm me if you'd like to exchange numbers. My husband works rotating 12s.

Eta: I also live near no family with only 1 friend close and we aren't close friends. I like her. We just haven't known each other long.

katymf 12-04-2012 09:16 AM

OH works 3am-2pm about 3 days a week and the other days 6-2. i go stir crazy alot. we only have one car which OH takes for work so me and DS who is 19mo just sit inside all day. i have a few friends but none of them have kids. it's also winter here and cold outside so we tend to stay in alot during the day. i run out of things to do with DS. that is my main problem. :-/ i feel ya!

Mom2Connor 12-04-2012 09:31 AM

When you say his parents live with you, who owns the house? That will alter my response...

sweetDD 12-04-2012 09:44 AM

Whoaaaw,. That is really a problem!!
Yap, I have the same question...who owns the house? If your dh's parents own it so I guess you need to start saving and buy your own to be out of your in-laws eyes.

RainandRedemption 12-04-2012 10:44 AM

We lived with inlaws for a bit and it was HARD!!!! Mil respected boundaries so living with her wasn't so bad. When we lived with FIL it was down right unbearable.
I agree with ppers, for the sake of your relationship, you and so need your own home. Living together gives too much opportunity for these kinds of struggles and it's really hard to stop when you are in the midst of it. You need to get out.

Nothing more to add other than lots of hugs, and keep us updated!! I know it's very hard.... :hugs: :hugs:

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Teexie 12-04-2012 10:49 AM

Are you able to get out of the house? Park? Find playgroups? Just walk around a store or mall?