Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Basically it's Tuesday (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469246)

~whitehologram~ 12-04-2012 03:04 AM

Basically it's Tuesday

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...g?t=1305616431

We are a group of parents that chat and support each other.
We have been at this for a while so some of us are out of the diapering stage.
...some were out and are back in again.
Every once in a while we actually get to answer a diaper question or two in here.
If you are looking for a very diverse and open group come on over and chat.

jwjbbrown 12-04-2012 03:06 AM

Awake. Hope I drop off again soon....ugh

~whitehologram~ 12-04-2012 03:10 AM

Re: Basically it's Tuesday

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemurmommies (Post 16001535)
:zzz:

Taking the day off work tomorrow so I can stay home with E. Sub plans and all that are ready and waiting. I am so fricken tired and stressed out.

It will get better. It will get better.

Glad MH's meeting went well, Jen. Sorry about all the barf, Jess. I hope you get some sleep Janine!

I'm glad you're getting the time off. You need to rest too. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Sleep wasn't too bad but Heiner is crap at getting Fynn out of bed quietly so I didn't get a lie in.

I woke up sick though......made an appointment as quickly as I could at the doctors because of going to see Oliver tomorrow. Doctor says it's just a virus :( Damit! If I'd have been able to take some ABX it would have been better.

Shannon started getting a sore throat last night and her voice went more and more as the evening went on. She's still got a sore throat this morning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksmommy1 (Post 16002070)
ok i feel foolish...i googles it

Dont...you cant possibly know about every single religion or their traditions. I think it's wonderful that we have the internet to learn about these things at the push of a button.

~whitehologram~ 12-04-2012 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjbbrown (Post 16003106)
Awake. Hope I drop off again soon....ugh

Sorry Jen.....I hope you get back to sleep soon too.

redgirlsmama 12-04-2012 06:05 AM

Morning :wave: Bella is off to school, Mari is probably going to go when Lydia does, we will see. She was on the couch all day yesterday. She does have a flair for drama though, and it is hard to separate fact from fiction sometimes.
In other news, my new drivers license came. The picture looks like a prison picture/1800's blank stare not at the camera pioneer picture :rofl:
Oh, and got a note from the school that Mari didn't pass her vision or hearing test :gah: The vision could explain a lot. So we will get her tested for that. IDK if I can afford an audiologist right now, and quite frequently I don't think that those tests at schools are accurate, kind of like newborn hearing. Please everyone agree with me ;)

cherylchoo 12-04-2012 06:56 AM

Morning mamas. :needcoffee: It is raining, and we just discovered the rainboots that fit in September no longer fit. :reaction: So THAT's how it's going to be today. ;)

Jess, I seem to remember MH had the same issue, and it was a matter of taking the test differently for her to pass. Something with hand signals I think. The vision, well, an optomologist can figure that out pretty quickly. With the eyeball scans and such they have now you practically don't have to take vision tests any more.

LOL at Kari. I doubt you have many kids at Jack's school that celebrate Eid. :rofl: Like Janine said, you can't know them all. Since the kids are now at a international school there's no telling what religions are there I have never heard of.

lemurmommies 12-04-2012 07:32 AM

Hi all!

I am home with sickie mcsickerson. Again, he is fine as long as he has meds onboard. Miss a dose of Advil and the fever is back. Sigh.

Yes, Eid (there are two, but the one we are doing) is the celebration that comes at the end of Ramadan. We study a bunch of fall/winter celebrations at this time of year for social studies. We are doing Diwali, Hannukah, Eid, Kwanzaa, and Christmas. Fun fun! My kids seem to really like learning about it all.

Jess, like Cheryl said, the vision tests are pretty easy nowadays for kids to do when you go into the doc. For us, they had E read some images, and then dilated his eyes to figure out his prescription. It was very straightforward, and his eyes are awful. Try not to worry, if you can.

cherylchoo 12-04-2012 07:36 AM

IDK if it is the same where you guys are, but the price of rainboots has just skyrocketed over here. Women's boots at places like Meijers and Target are like $35-50, so kids boots are like $25 at most places. I can find toddler character rainboots for $15 sometimes, but the kids all wear 11.5, 12.5, and 13.5 now (yeah, the three most difficult sizes to find in ANY shoe) so even if I find places that have BOGOs or boots for sale less than $20, usually it's not available in the sizes I need.

But Payless has some of their toddler and youth rainboots on clearance for $12. There is a 20% off coupon out there (basically making them $10) and they do the ship to store thing just like WM. So if you are not picky about colors and don't mind waiting a bit for them you can get rainboots for $10 a piece. Lucky for me, even though pink and purple are not available, the colors in their sizes are all GN so Ian will be able to wear both his sisters' boots as he grows, and they are three different colors so it will be able to tell which one is what size.

lemurmommies 12-04-2012 07:54 AM

Around here, $20 is a pretty normal price to pay for rain boots. We just got E some new, fake Bogs-type ones in October. I feel like we pay more now, though, because he is in youth sizes (he wears a 2).

cherylchoo 12-04-2012 08:08 AM

That's what they were last year here Mel. IDK WTH is going on. Why are youth rainboots now $25? And why are adult ones $35-50? At big box stores, not like Gap or whatever. And yeah, there is a big jump in prices when they get out of toddler shoes. Maybe it is just specific to my location. The stores here run very tight on inventory of everything, it is rare to find much at end of season clearance (unless they are returns) and often you can't find seasonal items two weeks after they were released in the store. Maybe there still are cheap boots, but they go too quickly for me to find them.