Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In June (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Having serious 2nd thoughts on team green.. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469247)

MyM&W 12-04-2012 05:28 AM

Having serious 2nd thoughts on team green..

I read a post in the pregnancy forum and im now having 2nd thoughts.
I have this instinct type feeling that I'm carrying a girl..but obviously have no proof. Haha. I'm just scared of what other moms have shared about not connecting with the baby..having gender disappointment..I don't care what we have but now that I'm feeling girl and have been for a month...I'd feel like my instinct's are broken...

What's a girl to do? I'm 12 weeks today so I've got a few weeks :),

greeneyedambe 12-04-2012 08:50 AM

I love the idea of being team green and being all surprised on baby's birthday. That said, I don't think I could EVER do it. I really like knowing for the same reasons everyone mentioned. I want to have a name to call the baby. I want to be prepared if it is a girl. I have 3 boys now and ZERO things for a girl. My instincts say this one is a girl. The Chinese lunar calendar & ring-on-a-string test all agree too. ;)

We will find out. Now if I had both baby boy & girl things already, I would give it some more serious thought. I am just too impatient with this baby.

SpartyGuard 12-04-2012 09:05 AM

Re: Having serious 2nd thoughts on team green..

We didn't find out the gender with DD and I had no issues connecting with her or anything like that. We had no preference on gender so there was no disappointment. It was just a fun surprise!

That being said, we are planning to find out this time. I would be fine waiting again, we just want to to know whether we need to get rid of all the girl stuff or not.

NavyMama 12-04-2012 09:57 AM

We're not going to find out, and didn't with the last one. I was sure he was a girl, and really wanted one, so I have to admit when my husband saw him come out and said we had a bouncing baby boy, a bit of disappointment went through me. But, I had no problems loving him, and we're quite attached today. I am really glad he wasn't a girl!

We don't care in the least what we're having this time around, so we're going to pick out two names we like, bring a girl and a boy coming home outfit to the hospital (because I always like to have something cute, then we use it for first pictures, too), but stick to gender neutral for everything else. I've never been one to want to deck the place out with pink or whatever (and knew a friend who did that and had a boy instead of a girl - I think that would be worse, haha).

wrensmom 12-04-2012 04:45 PM

New to this group, but I just wanted to join this conversation since I'm team green :).
We didn't find out with our first two and most likely won't with this one either. I was pretty convinced my oldest daughter was a boy... I had my husband announce her gender and he said it like a question "It's a GIRL?!?!?". Really funny and I was so surprised. My second child was a boy and I was convinced he was a girl my whole pregnancy so I'm really bad at the intuition thing! I didn't have any problem bonding with either of them :)...at least not related to gender disappointment, but I really really didn't care what gender they were. I do think I bonded better with my son initially, BUT my daughter was wisked away to the nicu right away so it had nothing to do with gender. Love both of my kiddos and can't wait to meet the next miracle!

by the way my name is Heather and I'm due June 28th...

Leaner 12-04-2012 05:23 PM

If I had a girl and a boy I would totally go team green again. But my biggest issue with it was that no one threw me a baby shower because they want to buy gender specific stuff.
We have 3 girls and if this wee one is a boy I will need clothes for him, so we'll find out. Also I will need that time to come to terms with never having a boy IF this is a girl.
But I wish I had held out more in earlier pg, the 1st or 2nd would have been so fun to not find out (even though I "knew" they were both girls.)

I say DO IT DO IT! DO IT! It is so much fun.

MyM&W 12-05-2012 04:48 AM

Had a dream last night i had a baby girl...I just feel like I'm getting connected to girl gender....ughhh!!

812ajack 12-06-2012 07:29 AM

I hear ya on the agonizing team green thing. Its killing me already and I'm only just over 13 weeks. That being said as torturous as it's going to be i'm going to stick to it. I have actually found out with all 5 of mine so this will be our first surprise. I really am just waiting for my own selfish reasons of, my DH and DS really want a boy and the last 3 babies finding out they are girls I almost felt like I had disappointed them and didn't enjoy my pregnancy as much after that, but they were always happy after they saw her so I figure I'll wait. Also on the off chance that it is FINALLY a boy I think the look on my DH's face will be priceless. Of course if we do have a boy we are havinga SERIOUS baby shower afterwards cause we have nothing for boys after having 4 girls!:giggle2:

gingerpeachee 12-06-2012 09:18 AM

I hope to find out with this one. If its a girl I need to some to terms with this being my last baby, if its a boy I need to come to deal with a little disappointment. I'm excited and I will love a baby boy, but I do desire a daughter and I want to be ready either way.

kharvey92611 12-06-2012 09:33 AM

I need to find out , I have two boys and if this baby is a girl we have nothing !! Question I hear a lot of people talking about the Chinese gender calendar did Anton base their pregnancy off it ?

married ❤attached mama to L(8/07) and J(9/11) expecting baby #3 in August