Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   If your older baby/young toddler STTN (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469262)

hilaryisinked 12-04-2012 08:53 AM

What is their sleep like in a 24 hour period? My almost 12 month old has started waking at 4:00 am for the day and it's thrown us all out of whack. She just started STTN about 2 months ago and we just cut out an early morning feeding (5-6 am) so that's probably the reason for the change. She isn't waking hungry though because she sits and babbles in the crib for an hour. If she is hungry she will wake up crying. Anyway I'm just wondering what their naps and bed times/wake times look like.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

my2sweets 12-04-2012 09:09 AM

At that age my girls were going to bed at 6:30pm until 6/6:30 am with a 2-3hr nap from 11am-1/2pm.

For dd2 it didnt last that long. She didnt start sttn until 10.5mos and then started waking again around 14/15mos but I could just bring her to our bed and she'd go back to sleep.

Layney82 12-04-2012 10:15 AM

Re: If your older baby/young toddler STTN
 
At 12 months, my DS would nap from 9-10:30, and again from 1:00-2:30. Then he would sleep from 7pm to somewhere between 6:30 and 7:00am. When we followed that schedule consistently, he slept well. As soon as we missed a nap, or were too late getting him to bed, he started waking in the middle of the night, or getting up way too early. For my kid, consistency was absolutely key.

hilaryisinked 12-04-2012 10:38 AM

Re: If your older baby/young toddler STTN
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Layney82 (Post 16003777)
At 12 months, my DS would nap from 9-10:30, and again from 1:00-2:30. Then he would sleep from 7pm to somewhere between 6:30 and 7:00am. When we followed that schedule consistently, he slept well. As soon as we missed a nap, or were too late getting him to bed, he started waking in the middle of the night, or getting up way too early. For my kid, consistency was absolutely key.

That's exactly what my DD2 does. Or did before this 4 am stuff started. Now she wants to nap at 6:30 am because she's up at 4. Hopefully it's just a phase that will pass very soon.

jlsquire0324 12-04-2012 10:53 AM

DD wakes between 8-9am, naps around 10:30-12. Naps again from about 3-5 or 4-6. Bedtime between 8-9pm

Hungry Caterpillar 12-04-2012 10:56 AM

Re: If your older baby/young toddler STTN
 
My nearly 14 month old goes to bed for the night at around 7:15 and wakes up between 5:30 and 7. We eat dinner at 6ish and he has a hefty bottle of milk (8oz) very very soon before he actually sleeps.

He seems to get naturally tired around 9:30am and by the time he has a bottle, we get into nap jammies and nap diaper, put on the sleep sack, etc, he is asleep at 10 and only naps 90 mins. Occasionally we get an hour and way less occasionally we get two hours (like, that's happened less than five times).

sisu 12-04-2012 11:41 AM

Re: If your older baby/young toddler STTN
 
DD is getting her molars so sleep has been disrupted badly. She used to go to bed at 9 or 10 and wake up at 7 or 8, now she's holding out until midnight and waking up at 6. Ugh. She did go from a 3 hour afternoon nap to a 3 hour morning nap and and 90 minute afternoon nap, so at least that's something.

hilaryisinked 12-04-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarchMama2010
DD is getting her molars so sleep has been disrupted badly. She used to go to bed at 9 or 10 and wake up at 7 or 8, now she's holding out until midnight and waking up at 6. Ugh. She did go from a 3 hour afternoon nap to a 3 hour morning nap and and 90 minute afternoon nap, so at least that's something.

She does have teeth 9-12 (molars & fangs coming in right now) :/

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

sisu 12-04-2012 11:47 AM

Re: If your older baby/young toddler STTN
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hilaryisinked (Post 16004184)
She does have teeth 9-12 (molars & fangs coming in right now) :/

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Let's both hope that they come in quickly so we can get more sleep ourselves, huh? :lostit:

firsttimeclothmomma 12-04-2012 11:48 AM

Re: If your older baby/young toddler STTN
 
My kid needs consistency too. He either takes a nap 1-3 at DCP or if home he's been known to nap 10a to 12p. As long as he gets a solid two hour block of time, he sleeps better during the night. When his naps are broken up or short, he's up by 4:30 a.m. Ugh. He goes to bed by 7.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors