Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Prefold versus flat fit in a Flip cover? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469278)

2beauties 12-04-2012 08:42 AM

Prefold versus flat fit in a Flip cover?

I am using yellow edge GMD in my Flip covers. How is the fit of a flat compared to a prefold? Is it really that much different? Is it worth dishing out more money? I wish I just had one flat to try, but you have to buy a whole bunch.

sweetest 12-04-2012 08:51 AM

Re: Prefold versus flat fit in a Flip cover?

I hated prefolds in flips (I tried them with yellow edge prefolds at one point)... they were way too bulky. I found flats to be much trimmer and they spread out the moisture better (I have a boy). My prefolds would get sopping around the front but the flats would distribute the moisture throughout the flat...

I will say that flats are a whole lot more work, so if prefolds are working for you I would just stick with them... or if you really want to try out flats and you have a Walmart or Target nearby, you could try out some floursack towels - even trimmer than flats but not as absorbent, it might at least give you an idea of if you mind doing all that folding...

moonlightblonde 12-04-2012 08:55 AM

Yep, flats are much trimmer - want shots? I have all the gmd prefolds, small flats, large flats, flips, a roughly 20lb 7 month old, a camera and free time =P

jacandy 12-04-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonlightblonde
Yep, flats are much trimmer - want shots? I have all the gmd prefolds, small flats, large flats, flips, a roughly 20lb 7 month old, a camera and free time =P

I'm not op but yes please :)

nonipie 12-04-2012 09:19 AM

I mean the beauty of a flat is you can make them do whatever you want so yes you can get a good fit. Very trim with equal absorbency to me. I also do not find them to be any more work. It takes seconds to fold them.

2beauties 12-04-2012 09:44 AM

yes please for pics!

thejuel 12-04-2012 10:27 AM

We love flats and flips. Hated prefolds trifolded though. Go to Walmart and look in the kitchen section. Ours sells a 2 pack of flats for $2 and some change. You could try them out and if you love them, invest in some.

Kyonarai 12-04-2012 10:28 AM

I don't have prefolds, but I find padfolded flats to be a very trim fit on my 11 month old DD

littleleaf 12-04-2012 10:38 AM

I felt the flats worked better because you can fold them to the right length and put the absorbency where it's needed (all in the front for a boy)

thirdtimemomma 12-04-2012 10:46 AM

:popcorn: