Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   OK...please tell me about Target Pristine Detergent I'm intrigued! Better than Tide?! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469301)

alisonsjulejb 12-04-2012 09:45 AM

OK...please tell me about Target Pristine Detergent I'm intrigued! Better than Tide?!

I have seen some posts about Target Pristine Detergent and have even seen ppl say they like it better than Tide!! Has anyone used it long enough to have long term incredible cleaning results with no build up or issues etc?!

And what about TIDE I am confused...which type of Tide?!! I have read the one you want to get for dipes is tide original powder but all I can find is the Ultra original powder is that the one?! where is best place to buy it?! Is the scent really that strong?!

And lastly, what about COUNTRY SAVE?! Has anyone tried both tide and country save and able to compare them?! Which is BETTER?!

P.S. I will probably be washing in fairly hard water! So would you suggest use of water softening products with these detergents?!

Thanks for the help!

penguinande 12-04-2012 11:03 AM

Re: OK...please tell me about Target Pristine Detergent I'm intrigued! Better than Ti

I have not used Tide, even on my regular laundry, so I am no help there. But I have been using the Target pristine clean for a couple months and am really happy with it. It rinses cleaner and gets rid of stains better than ecosprout, which is what I used to use on my diapers. I did have to play around with my routine a bit, but I started adding bleach to every prerinse and increased the amount of detergent I use, and now i couldn't be happier with how clean my diapers are.

nursemama23 12-04-2012 11:54 AM

Subbing to this thread because I keep seeing post about the target detergent also and I'm intrigued. Using soap nuts currently but would like something I can get from a local store instead of having to remember to order.

c&w's mama 12-04-2012 12:05 PM

Re: OK...please tell me about Target Pristine Detergent I'm intrigued! Better than Ti

I'm going to try it anyway... decided that on another thread :), but...

:popcorn:

alisonsjulejb 12-04-2012 12:15 PM

Anyone?

:popcorn:[/QUOTE]

thtr4me 12-04-2012 12:31 PM

Love the stuff! So far most of our laundry funk has stayed away with the Target detergent. I am not sure what is causing the funk, but I suspect our local well/spring water to be the cause. Diapers are smelling almost like nothing, and towels don't reek anymore. Huge thumbsup so far from me!

Tide was not doing anything to get our laundry smelling clean, even with bleach, hot water washes, extra rinses, etc. I even tried Borax, which got rid of the smell initially, but then it came back and even the Borax could not touch it.

alisonsjulejb 12-04-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thtr4me (Post 16004742)
Love the stuff! So far most of our laundry funk has stayed away with the Target detergent. I am not sure what is causing the funk, but I suspect our local well/spring water to be the cause. Diapers are smelling almost like nothing, and towels don't reek anymore. Huge thumbsup so far from me!

Tide was not doing anything to get our laundry smelling clean, even with bleach, hot water washes, extra rinses, etc. I even tried Borax, which got rid of the smell initially, but then it came back and even the Borax could not touch it.

Awesome!!! Since you have such hard water do u use a softener like Calgon and do u have to use bleach with the target detergent or are you able to get away with out it except occasionally?

AZmommy 12-04-2012 01:59 PM

The Target people should send me a Royality check :giggle: :blush:
Anyways I discovered it several months ago. I was a tide lover but alos delt with lots of rinsing and frequent rashes that I could never pin down to why..
Ive since figured out detergents with brighteners irritate my DD and Ive long since known I NEED enzymes to get my diapers cleaned.. THe target just seemed liek a good fit as it still had the enzymes but none of the other gunk and it was a salt based cleaner not a plant based whic h I HATE..
At first I was jsut okay with it it sudded sooooo much I actually put it aside as a diaper laundry but used it on our clothes with good results and used Dreft on the diapers..
Then I ran out and decided to try the pristine clean, I had to run like 3 extra rounds to rinse but I had nice stain free clean diapers.. DD wore them for 3 days rash free.. SO I kept it up after about the 4th wash I noticed I no longer had to run excessive cycles to rinse it took out stains at about the same success rate as tide did. and best yet my DD had been rash free since.
Like others I do use some bleach in the prewash I use the pristine clean to around the 3/4 line depending on level of soil, I do run one additional quick wash to ensure rinsing as my DD is super sensitive but that is it, we use this on ALL our laundry my girls haven;t had excema outbreaks in over 3 months now..

Nat4 12-04-2012 02:03 PM

I've been using Tide for a couple months now, and I wasn't very impressed. I found Original Tide in liquid form, and decided to run with it. It got my diapers fairly clean, though I always had ammonia issues. And yes, in my experience Tide does smell quite strongly - even the original scent - and I didn't like it at all! I've just barely switched to Fresh Elements Purex (recommended through a CD blog). I ran my first load yesterday with it, and my diapers have never smelled better. Woohoo!

MarchMama2x 12-04-2012 04:00 PM

Can someone link this target detergent? I've never seen it!