Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Kid's music (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469332)

Shimpie 12-04-2012 10:59 AM

Kid's music

What are your favorite kid's music complilations of nursery rhymes and songs? DD wants more music for the car. I can't stand the sound of kids singing slightly off-key, so I've stayed away from most kid's CDs. I like Wiggle Worms with adults singing children's songs. What can you recomend?

Gerdgrid 12-04-2012 11:05 AM

Re: Kid's music

We don't do nursery rhymes/kids singing type music. We like BNLs 'Snack Time', Trout Fishing in America (Big Trouble is our favorite album), the kids are also big fans of Jack Johnson, Johnny Cash and POTUSoA even though none of them are specifically children's artists.

ETA I take it back. TFiA has a Nursery Rhyme Polka :)

tallanvor 12-04-2012 11:42 AM

My kids have enjoyed Cedarmont Kids (they have a wide selection), Veggie Tales, and Go Fish, and a cd we have called Jazz for Kids.

Mostly, they just listen to whatever I listen to. The only child who has ever really wanted "kid" music was my oldest.

joyous 12-04-2012 11:45 AM

For kids music, I really love Elizabeth Mitchell. I listen to her without DD sometimes. Her songs are so sweet. Jewel also has a good children's CD. Other favorites are Laura Doherty and Frances England. Raffi is also fun.

MDever 12-04-2012 11:47 AM

Our kids listen to all kinds of music but our favorite "Kid" specific artist would be Laurie Berkner. We LOVE her.

luvsviola 12-04-2012 12:08 PM

I love the Stops Crying--Heartbeat Music CD. It is very soothing, and is IN TUNE. My kids listen to it every day, and even after almost 6 years, I'm still not tired of it.

Done at 3 12-04-2012 12:11 PM

We like Laurie Berkner and Ralph's world is awesome, particularly his first album.

danielle 12-04-2012 12:26 PM

We love Frances England, Raffi and The Boogie Monster CD. The Boogie Monster came with a book and legwarmers so I don't know who is singing.

iris0110 12-04-2012 12:33 PM

School House Rock isn't bad. Other than that I have a hard time tolerating children's music. My boys mostly listen to whatever I am listening to. They each have preferences for music type. Kearnan likes Euro-pop/punk and Tharen likes old rock (The Beatles, The Doors, Twisted Sister) and Celtic Music (Loreena McKennitt is his favorite). Kearnan will actually listen to almost anything and has a wide range of musical likes, Tharen just started liking more types of music recently, he used to only tolerate rennie music and Buddhist chanting.

Booghierbaby 12-04-2012 02:00 PM

We love the Music Together cd's...
They are fun songs that are pretty catchy and different..
It's a class they have here...I don't know it is in other cities....but you could scout around on eBay for a cd..or I have an extra one you can just have..:)