Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ''Pending'' refund? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469337)

Edensmomma 12-04-2012 11:06 AM

''Pending'' refund?

Long story short, I got scammed. I filed with paypal and escalated. The next day I see I have a refund from the seller but it's ''pending'' and still is as of right now.
Why would a refund be pending through paypal? Wouldn't it be instant?? I'm so nervous I won't get my money back. This was a gift for my daughter for Christmas so I really need the money back ASAP to purchase her something else. :(

I_run_with_scissors 12-04-2012 12:13 PM

Re: ''Pending'' refund?

they may have spent the money in their PP already so it needs to clear from their bank account? thats my best guess

abunchoflemons 12-04-2012 12:20 PM

How did u pay bank acct or pp balance? Other shouldn't be an issue cuz other person just have negative.... how much was amt for might be part. You should have back in week or so. Iknow poopy.

myclanof6 12-04-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I_run_with_scissors
they may have spent the money in their PP already so it needs to clear from their bank account? thats my best guess

That's my guess too. I issued a partial refund once because I was super late getting something out but I had spent most of what was in pp. PP had to take out $1-2 from my bank to cover the partial and it took a couple of days for it to go through.

Edensmomma 12-04-2012 01:41 PM

I paid using paypal but with my credit card. I just have a feeling this refund won't go through....there are multiple other mamas that got scammed by her as well and I have a feeling the money won't clear her account. I wonder if my credit card would protect me at all? I NEED this money back.

hilaryisinked 12-04-2012 01:46 PM

If they had sent their PP to their account already it will take a few days to clear. I've had that happen to me before. But I wasn't scamming anyone. In this case I'm not too sure.

mgmsrk 12-04-2012 01:47 PM

PP is trying to pull it from her account/s. You should also be able to claim from your CC if you don't get your refund.

I believe that in a situation like this PP will credit your account even if they can't get the funds from the seller and hold her account in default.

firemommaof1 12-04-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edensmomma (Post 16005064)
I paid using paypal but with my credit card. I just have a feeling this refund won't go through....there are multiple other mamas that got scammed by her as well and I have a feeling the money won't clear her account. I wonder if my credit card would protect me at all? I NEED this money back.

I believe your credit card would protect you from this. Give them a call.

I_run_with_scissors 12-04-2012 02:28 PM

paypal will likely refund you even if it doesnt clear her account, generally i think they give you the money back and go after the sellers themselves

kharvey92611 12-05-2012 07:20 PM

? I dealt with a similar situation
On eBay and had my
Refund as "pending " and then another email
From PayPal stating it didnt clear and that they would retry in a few days . Didn't clear AGAIN but PayPal did cover me

married to my hubby 11/11/11❤attached mama to L(8/07)💙 and J(9/26)💚 expecting baby #3 in August ❤