Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Where are you hiding your kids' gifts? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469348)

hilaryisinked 12-04-2012 11:16 AM

Until Christmas?
My DD2 goes everywhere in our house. She plays in the garage when we are out there. We don't have an attic or basement. I'm thinking I can shove them way back in the closet under our stairs and keep them in cardboard boxes...maybe. This is our first year with a child aware of Christmas and presents. Where are you hiding them?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Gerdgrid 12-04-2012 11:22 AM

Re: Where are you hiding your kids' gifts?

Top shelf of our closet, but we haven't bought anything very large this year so it all fits up there pretty easily.

SaraElise 12-04-2012 11:25 AM

The top shelf of our closet and dd's too. I store stuff in boxes up there all of the time so it doesn't look suspicious, plus even at 5, 4 and 2 they would know gifts if they found them, but don't know to look for them

Angel89411 12-04-2012 11:33 AM

In our front closet. We put up a hook and loop type lock but closed the hook. So no opening.

maddys_mama 12-04-2012 11:35 AM

In a random box in our laundry room. There are a lot of things in there so the box doesn't look out of place.

tallanvor 12-04-2012 11:36 AM

Oh, several different places over the years. Smaller things are often hidden under clothes in my dresser. I've hidden things in the closet, left them in the trunk of the car, high up on a shelf or in a tub in the garage, and even just under the bed.

sisu 12-04-2012 11:40 AM

We had some big boxes delivered that I just pulled into the house and left in the hallway for a couple days, then suddenly one day DS stared tearing into one and yelling "IT'S MY PWESENTS, MAMA! I'M SO EXCITED FOR MY PWESENTS!" Oops, I really didn't think he'd catch on to that. Now they're stacked in the entry closet, which is locked.

HillbillyMama 12-04-2012 11:42 AM

My husband has a "music room" with a pretty big closet, and its never safe for the boys to be in cause of all the instruments, wires, amps, etc....lying about- so we can hide all our stuff in there for now....Until they are a little older, it will work great!!!!!

babynme8 12-04-2012 11:43 AM

I hvae a small bathroom off of my bedroom and I keep gift's in the cabinet under my sink year round that's really all it's used for. If it doesn't fit there I stick it on the top shelf of my closet.

jbug_4 12-04-2012 12:17 PM

Most of ours are wrapped and under the tree- my kids don't mess with them. The ones that aren't are on a higher shelf in my closet. i did have them in the back of my car, but its a hatchback and dd started asking what was under the blanket. She could see it when she climbed in the car.